Home Buying in Wellington>Question Details

J.P., Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

How do I know if I should offer more or less than the listing price in Wellington?

Asked by J.P., Tampa, FL Mon Apr 23, 2007

Is there a difference if I'm looking for a single family home versus a condo, or some other type of property?

Answers

5
Disregard formulaic answers. Negotiation is a give and take process, and the price you pay will be what you and the seller agree to be fair to each. A good agent could help, but even Barbara's offer of info will not help if you don't know what to do with it.
Depends on the Type of Sale Bank owned most often right now you may have to go higher than list, Short Sales you can go below asking price and negotiate with the Listing Agent if necessary, Regular seller Sale you will need the help of a Realtor as these are the most difficult to price today for a regular buyer
Web Reference: http://mypbchomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 18, 2009
J.P.
We are currently in a deep level "buyer's market" that is an indication that a buyer should NOT consider offering more than the asking price. A better way of phrasing this question would be, How much below the asking price should I offer?
You might want to consider contacting an agent to see what they could do for you. It won't cost you anything to meet and collect information and you just may pick up a few good ideas.

The "Eckler Team"
That depends on the property? Please provide the address and I will provide a CMA Comparative Market Analysis and history including mortgage, foreclosure, short, taxes etc. Thanks. Email me Barbara Nola (bnola2001@yahoo.com)
The seller are getting about 95% of the asking price, There are many properties to choose from so the buyers are only looking at properties that are priced right. There are homes,condo, townhouses. The majority of the people are buying single family homes. bottom line a great place to live