Home Buying in 08401>Question Details

Jamie, Home Owner in Atlantic City, NJ

How do I handle Section 8 tenants (neighbors) in Atlantic City that are dealing drugs? I need to get the owners' attention & get them out

Asked by Jamie, Atlantic City, NJ Thu Aug 29, 2013

Had to call the police on more than one occasion. There is a constant flow of people in and out of the place & drug dealing is going on in the street in front of my house

Help the community by answering this question:


I would call and follow up with a written letter to your landlord explaining the situation and send a copy of the letter to the chief of police. Mention that you have called with no results and will contact the Mayor and local newspapers if something isn't done. It is worth a try. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 31, 2013
Try calling the Dept. of Community Affairs, Division of Housing and Community Resources. Phone # is 609-441-3334. They are tied to Section -8 program.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 26, 2013
drug dealers drag doen neighborhoods, if they are dealing drugs, there is a gun somewhere around. get them out, next thing they will be shooting. im from philly, I know. I moved into a neighborhood in philly 1984. all was well around 2002 it started going down hill. a lot of renting, people coming and going. landlords not caring who they rent to as long as they got their money. well, had my pocketbook stolen fom a junkie last week, yea same neighborhood. really bad it is now. so get them scumbags out of your neighborhood. take control. rat the out. police will watch. they will get evicted, if not go to jail.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 19, 2013
Hi Jamie, how do you know your neighbors are Section 8 tenants? What difference does it make if they are on Section 8? If they are breaking the law all you can do is call the police and be careful. Your safety and that of your family is most important.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 4, 2013
Why not go and talk to your councilman Tim on Plaza?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 29, 2013
There is a HUD fraud hotline that you can report Section 8 tenants too. If they are doing criminal activity that is generated income, they are likely in violation of their housing voucher choice agreement.

Good luck!

You can visit Hud.gov for more information
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 29, 2013
There is not much you can do except to call the police. You might want to also bring it to the attention of the agency that administers the Sect 8 program.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 29, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer