Home Buying in 90650>Question Details

Morcos Azer, Real Estate Pro in Norwalk, CA

How do I go about taking out some negative items from the credit report to enhance FICO?

Asked by Morcos Azer, Norwalk, CA Mon Sep 24, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


You can do one of the following:

1- Send dispute letters by mail.
2- Dispute online.
3- Dispute on the phone
4- Hire a professional to do this for you.
5- Visit the following website for more info:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 25, 2012
Hello Eden

I checked the credit restoration website you provided, and it looks good. Can I refer the client that need credit repair to you and you help him, or he has to do it himself?
Flag Sun Oct 21, 2012
Don’t dispute anything that is accurate, doing that in order to get a mortgage is mortgage fraud and a very serious federal crime. Not only that, it is easy for the feds to prosecute if you sign your name to the dispute, nothing better than putting the crime in writing. See the link below.

Next issue, my underwriters won’t allow a loan to close if there are open disputes on the credit report. Ever try to get a dispute removed from a credit report? Dispute the dispute???? Not as easy as putting together a monthly budget. Good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 25, 2012
Go to http://www.creditplus.com
Look on their website regarding RAPID RESCORE.
Give them a call and ask them how you can run your credit and analyze through their Credit Analyzer which will tell you exactly what to pay down,etc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 25, 2012
You can go on Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian's website it's free of charge and you can dispute online
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 24, 2012
Thank you Eden Lim, The company that you referred my client to fix his credit is working for him. He is very happy.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 12, 2012
Good morning Morcos,

You cannot remove items from your credit report, whether positive or negative, if these accounts REALLY belonged to you. If you REALLY made late payments or you REALLY have a collection account you cannot remove those items. ONLY ERRORS can be repaired on a credit report.

Examples of typical errors:
-misspelled name
-confusion between family members with same/similar names (happens often with Seniors and Juniors)
-incorrect addresses
-credit accounts that you never had
-a paid account that shows "unpaid" on a credit report

Consumers are permitted one free credit report per year from each bureau. Get yours at http://www.annualcreditreport.com Do not pay for the credit score. Once you have your report you can correct any errors.

Beware of anyone offering to remove negative items from your report for a fee. This is a scam.

Trevor Curran
NMLS #40140
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 27, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer