Home Buying in Portland>Question Details

Stephen Weber, Real Estate Pro in Portland, OR

How do I go about getting BPO's and REO's without spending time paying different sites for services they don't perform?

Asked by Stephen Weber, Portland, OR Sat Oct 20, 2012

Answers

3
We can get lists of homes but really the realtors have the lists when they come on the market or work with an agent that does alot of REOs but there don't know when the house is really going to come on the market they just know that it will be coming on the the future. Don't pay it is a waste of time and money and these sites have bad information. Give me a call and I can help you . Tom Inglesby, Broker, RE/MAX
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
Steven,

Great question! I would advise that you get a Realtor. A lot of the bank owned properties cannot be purchased without a Realtor. Also, a Realtor can search specifically for these and can be notified when new ones come on the market. As a buyer you do not need to pay for the Realtor's services, in most cases, because we are paid by the seller out of the closing. Further, having a Realtor doing the leg work for you can save you hours and hours of your valuable time and protect you from having a bad purchasing experience.

If you need any help, my contact info is below.

Sarah Rogers
Keller Williams PDX Central
503-998-6739
sarahbethPDX@kw.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
Stephen is a realtor. I think he was asking about how to get work doing BPO's and listing REO properties. It's a tough niche to get into but once you have a contract with a bank or goverment agency, it's easier to get others..
Flag Sat Oct 20, 2012
Thats a great question - everyone seems to be doing them at this time.