Home Buying in Apex>Question Details

kllygilbert, Home Buyer in Apex, NC

How do I go about finding a true in-law suite? Or even better a separate apartment.

Asked by kllygilbert, Apex, NC Thu Nov 29, 2012

My father-in-law will be living with us, and won't be able to go up and down stairs. I've looked at some new construction with a guest suite downstairs but the bedrooms are tiny. It doesn't have to be new construction.

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Apex

Answers

7
Margaret Moore’s answer
You've gotten some good answers, but I'd like to add that this is where the need for a good agent comes in. They will be able to search the MLS using filters, as well as touring possible homes to make sure they fit your needs, saving you time and frustration.
Lennar is actually building a new kind of home in some neighborhoods called next gen. It has an actually apartment built into the house, so your in law will have a little kitchen, living area, bathroom and bedroom. Its quite amazing actually. I would be happy to work with you and show them to you as well as other properties which may meet your needs. Give me a call or email and we can talk about it. Thanks!
Melissa
MelissaP@hpw.com
919-720-3600
I've been in your situation and it is much easier to find using the MLS. Therefore, get in touch with a Realtor and they can help you with that. They are out there and they can be found. Call or email me if you have any question or want me to run a search.
Tammi
405 Crescendo Drive in Morrisville has a full in law suite. Visit my website if you would like to see photos. http://www.vanderbiltrealty.com/22028preview_405_Crescendo_D…
Hi, I would be delighted to help you with this. I have a client that needed a true in-law suite in Apex. They were few and far between. I found the perfect home for them . There is a builder with a floorplan that has shared walls - however living areas completely separate. What is your price point and I will be glad to send you more information. Most Kindly, Deb Lepper Fonville Morisey Lochmere
Hi, it is very difficult for most buyers to do this. I am able to do a "Key Word Search" in the MLS which will only identify those with in law suites for you.

I also recommend still receiving the MLS listings of those that have first floor bedrooms, you never know when one of the bedrooms may be large enough to make you and your father in law happy.

Another option that you may want to consider is looking for homes with two master bedrooms. I can set this search up for you. actually can thinkk of a really great one that is here in Fuquay Varina and is new construction.

Let me know if you are interested in having me help you with any or all of the above recomendations I would be glad to help!

Have a great day!

Krista
Stanton Homes offers an extensive line of true In Law Suite homes. We custom design to meet your exact needs, with options for a wide variety of budgets. Check out some video tours of different styles here: http://www.stantonhomes.com/motherinlawsuite.aspx. Options include Dual Master Suite homes with two large master suites (both down or one up and one down), or In Law Suite homes with a private living room attached to an oversized bedroom and full bath.