Shyrl Jones, Renter in Chicago, IL

How do I go about cleaning up my credit if I am planning to purchase in the near future?

Asked by Shyrl Jones, Chicago, IL Sun Aug 18, 2013

Answers

16
It is easier and harder than you think. Easy in that you can get it done yourself; hard in that it is frustrating and time consuming.

All three bureaus have online dispute links. Find them. Some you have to already have your credit report some you have to buy their credit report, because you need their ID number to process the disputes. Get a credit pull from a lender from all 3 bureaus. DISPUTE ALL NEGATIVES, even if you did it. Some things will come off because the creditor does not exist anymore and if they do not confirm the debt within 30 days it comes off.

If they confirm it and it is an outstanding debt, offer to pay it off if they remove it and try to get a letter to confirm it is being removed. Sometimes they do not follow through and you can send the letter to the bureau yourself.

I once help a homeless due to domestic violence pregnant client take her credit score from 480s, to a high of 720 in 2 months by getting 39 of 42 negatives off, so she could get a mortgage and her own house. You just have to keep working at it.
Pay off your outstanding bills (utilities, medical bills, etc.) and get a credit card which you pay upfront to get a balance going and get approved.

Simply buying a pack of gum once a week and paying that CC bill in full each month, will help you improve your credit quickly.

I have a great Mortgage Broker at Wintrust Mortgage who has many more ways that you can improve your credit. Just give me a call at 847-533-7115.

John Meyers, Meyers Realty
c: 847-533-7115
e: JohnMeyers@MeyersRealty1.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 29, 2013
I have a great referral of company that works well. For mortgage help, call or email for a free pre-approval in less than 10 minutes. We lend our own money and are licensed in 49 states and you can apply online at http://www.myccmtg.com.

We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (855) 415-5626.

Brad Neumann
Sr. Loan Officer
Crosscountry Mortgage Inc.
Toll Free: (855) 415-5626 ext. 5734
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
NMLS# 948036
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 15, 2013
First of all almost all of them got it correct. First check your credit report and see for yourself what is on your report. There may be things you can do to clean it up yourself. Also. a very reputable company called Nationwide Credit Clearing at 773-862-7777. They are great.
run your credit report then start settling or paying off the debt.
Your best bet is to find a dedicated loan officer that will give you assistance and good tips to get you started on credit repair. Just be careful, there are numerous scams out there for credit repair!
1.Check Your Credit Report – Credit score repair begins with your credit report. If you haven't already, request a free copy of your credit report and check it for errors. Your credit report contains the data used to calculate your score and it may contain errors. In particular, check to make sure that there are no late payments incorrectly listed for any of your accounts and that the amounts owed for each of your open accounts is correct. If you find errors on any of your reports, dispute them with the credit bureau and reporting agency.

2.Payment Reminders – Making your credit payments on time is one of the biggest contributing factors to your credit score. Some banks offer payment reminders through their online banking portals that can send you an email or text message reminding you when a payment is due. You could also consider enrolling in automatic payments through your credit card and loan providers to have payments automatically debited from your bank account, but this only makes the minimum payment on your credit cards and does not help instill a sense of money management.

3.Reduce the Amount of Debt You Owe – This is easier said than done, but reducing the amount that you owe is going to be a far more satisfying achievement than improving your credit score. The first thing you need to do is stop using your credit cards. Use your credit report to make a list of all of your accounts and then go online or check recent statements to determine how much you owe on each account and what interest rate they are charging you. Come up with a payment plan that puts most of your available budget for debt payments towards the highest interest cards first, while maintaining minimum payments on your other accounts.
Get yourself preqaulified from a lender and put a plan of attack in place in order to improve your credit.
Web Reference: http://www.BJDLOANS.com
Jacqueline has some good advice but I suggest you do not use the online system to dispute but print it off and mail it. It can take some work but you can do it yourself.

Call me if you need more details on how to clean up your credit.
Speak with a lender that can put you on a program to repair the credit.
Please feel free to call me, this subject is very involved!
Feel free to contact me, I work with several lenders & could help you work your credit including your complete profile to plan your purchase.

847-278-7222
Call Lisa Branklin @ (630) 709-4029. She is great and helped a few of my clients repair their credit and get preapproval in 6-12 months. You can also email her at Lisanicole99@sbcglobal.net. THANKS
Speak with a lender or two, but just have 1 of them run the credit report. They can give you some idea as to what, if anything, you can do to fix issues or they can give you an idea of the time frame that must pass in order for those issues to not be such an issue. My web site has some lender references.
Hello

You start by contacting
Gary Novel
630.624.9557
Kreditguru@aol.com

My clients have found it to be money very well spent.

Sincerely

Ian Halpin
Jameson Sotheby's International Realty
773.531.4479
Ihalpin@jameson.com
You just need to contact with the collection agency and paid the bills ..or di an agreement with them