Home Buying in San Francisco>Question Details

Deborah Picc…, Home Buyer in Moore, OK

How do I get info on the owner of a property. I need the owners name and number.

Asked by Deborah Piccin, Moore, OK Wed Jan 1, 2014

Answers

6
Knock on the door and ask? Sorry, but I doubt anyone on here is going to give out their client's personal contact info. Why do you need this?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 1, 2014
That's not public information unfortunately.
Public records may have the owners name - why do you need the info?
All you can get from public records is a name. Nothing more.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
You can get owner info from the assessor's office unless the seller pays to protect that info, but they do not provide phone numbers. You can try googling the person once you have the name, but most real estate professionals will not give out that information unless they know who is asking and why.
Public information on any property is typically available at the county recorder's office (or county tax collector's office). However, researching that information will usually lead to the owner's name and mailing address, not a phone number. As Sally Grenier mentioned, knocking works for most people, but, imagine yourself being on the receiving end of that knock.

A couple of days ago I received a call from someone posing to be a buyer who instead of asking question about the house that was being promoted, was bent on knowing who the owner is, and why the owner did one thing or another(?).

Any real estate practitioner guards their client's privacy, if for nothing else than to be the buffer most clients want when they hire an agent to "represent" them. That being said, a buyer interested in getting a hold of the seller, going around the seller's agent, is ill advised. But, you've received a couple of answers that may lead to what you're looking for. By the way, are you buying?

J. Mario P
415-850-4361
home4less@hotmail.com