Home Buying in Onamia>Question Details

Rmiers, Home Buyer in Onamia, MN

How do I get in contact with a home owner to discuss a contract for deed, when the reality company showing the house is ignoring me?

Asked by Rmiers, Onamia, MN Tue Apr 17, 2012

I assume they haven't even told the owners about me because they want the commission on the house instead of the owner directly selling to me? This house has been on the market a while and I know the owner would jump on this chance. Especially since every in this town knows who we are.

Answers

3
As long as the home is under contract with an agent, the homeowner is obligated to pay the agent their commission - unless the seller has signed a listing agreement which states that if the homeowner finds the buy (or you find them) then they owe the agent nothing. But that kind of arrangement is rare.

Properties that are available as 'contract for deed' will often show up that way on MLS. And there are very few Contract For Deed listings on MLS at any given time.
No is a full sentence. Give the seller the opportunity to answer. Realtors are required to present all offers even a contract for deed, make an offer.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
The owner pays commission in a contract for deed the same way they do in a traditional transaction. If anything the listing agent would jump all over the idea of doing this because they actually get paid more working with you.

Don't just jump to conclusions that it is the realtor's fault. How do you even know the seller has this home owned free & clear to carry back financing or even wants to? Why not just walk up to the front door and ask him yourself?

I would think that should get you a more prudent answer than chatting on Trulia.