Home Buying in West Islip>Question Details

Angela Abrah…, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

How do I get a mortgage if I do not live nor work in the states but can afford one?

Asked by Angela Abraham Okyere-fosu, Outside U.S. Thu Aug 16, 2012

I would like to buy a home for my daughter who lives in the states. How do I go about it?

Help the community by answering this question:


It may be possible to get mortgage in your situation. If the property will be located in New York, please contact me. My contact information is given below. This mortgage can be structured in a couple of different ways. I will need more information about you and your daughter, like citizenship status, employment status, assets etc.


Sanjeev Ahuja, NMLS #148731
Mortgage Broker
Home Funding LLC
110 Jericho Turnpike Ste 214
Floral Park, NY 11001
Direct Phone 917-517-2552
NYS Registered Mortgage Broker, Dept of Financial Services, Loans arranged through third parties (NMLS # 885573)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 2, 2014
You'll also want to secure a lender who is licensed in the state in which you wish to purchase property. I would begin by going to your bank or financial advisor in your home country and telling them about your desire to buy U.S. property.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 1, 2014
You would need to contact a lender, if you are not a us citizen there are lenders that deal with foreign nationals.

Best wishes!
Web Reference: http://www.TheBeachLady.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 17, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer