Brian, Home Buyer in El Paso, TX

How do I get a list of what the homes have sold for in the Greenwood Forest subdivision?

Asked by Brian, El Paso, TX Mon Dec 17, 2007

I would like this information with out working with a realator. The person I want to by a home from will give me a better price if I dont get a relator involved.

Answers

7
Check with Harris County Appraisal District. When I lived there they had all the information on solds, but I'm not sure if they still do. Texas's laws, I believe, have changed since then.
Web Reference: http://www.christesch.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 18, 2007
Brian,

The old saying you get what you pay for, is especially true when it comes to buying real estate. you may not need someone to protect you or guide you when you go shopping at a mall for a pair of shoes but when it comes to purchasing the most expensive item you may buy do you really want to go it alone. There is a reason why the state of Texas requires 210 hours of classes in order to get the license and another 60 the first year and 30 the second, just to keep it. Because there is so much that goes into purchasing real estate and so many things that can go wrong for both the buyer and seller. The fee or commission should not be the first concern. Please protect yourself and hire a Realtor even is you have to pay the fee.
This is an unusual question to ask on Trulia. You have to realize that the people answering these questions on Trulia are professional Realtors, real estate agents, and real estate brokers or combination of these. A Realtor, ethically must put the interests of his client before all others. Ask yourself, is the seller putting your interest first or his own by making this request? The best way to find out what homes are selling for in Greenwood Forest is to hire a buyers agent or pay for an appraisal of the property.
Red Flag Warning! If the Seller does not want a Realtor involved the first question should be - WHY? If they simply don't want to pay a commission you can offer to pay it or split it. They probably are telling you that they simply will give you the amount of a commission off of the selling price. That is usually a recipe for problems because you have no representation. A Realtor has an obligation to look out for all parties to the transaction, but if you have a Buyer's Agent you can be much more informed and protected. This is a huge transaction and you should not short yourself.

Arnold Richie, Realtor®
Terry Burnaman Realtors
http://www.yournewhomehouston.com
arnold@yournewhomehouston.com
713-396-2017
Bryan, That is ONE of the many benefits of having a Realtor on your side. Texas is a non-disclosed state, hence, you will NOT have access to that information. As an licensed agent, we have access, so we could help you negotiate for a best deal. Without this information, even with the "better price" that the home owner is offering, still, you might be paying too much without knowing it :) Wish you the best of luck.
If that is so then why ask a realtor.
Click on this link to view solds over the last six months. http://www.har.com/aws/gateway.cfm?PID=414570&MID=HEBERT…