Home Buying in San Gabriel>Question Details

Marceltomlin, Home Buyer in San Gabriel, CA

How do I get a copy of the CC&R and or HOA's for my neighborhood? I know we were given one 17 years ago but I have know idea where I put it.

Asked by Marceltomlin, San Gabriel, CA Wed Sep 19, 2012

9103Bungalow Way, Elk Grove, CA 95758
Thank you in advance for your help.

Jerry Sun’s answer
You can always ask your HOA for a copy...Typically HOA will charge you a "Service Fee".
If you want to save some money, you can always ask your neighbor if they have a copy and copy it yourself...
I am the president of my condo complex, and I always have extra copies of our CC&R available. Your first stop should be to contact your president. If she/he does not have a copy available, they should be able to direct you to whoever does.
As you acknowledge, resident usually have a copy:
Why not know on your neighbor's door, ask them if you borrow theirs, and take it to Kinkos.
Make sure it is recent copy; they are amending it all the time.
These are public record.
You can go to a nearby title company and ask them to pull you a copy.
There may be a small charge.
HOA will charge you more for it.
If you know who the Hoa president is, you can ask him for a copy or get the name and address of the hoa property management and request it from them. You may need to pay a fee to get it.
A title company which Realtors have access to can help you find out the HOA name so you can locate the property management company. Best wishes, Camelia Vera , San Gabriel Valley Realtor
Both previous answers are correct - check with whomever manages the HOA.
Chances are you are going to have to go to your hoa and order a set of documents...there may be a fee. I don't believe this is something a Realtor can do for you.
Do you have any type of company managing your hoa? Who do you make the payment to? Ask them