Home Buying in San Francisco>Question Details

Axel, Home Buyer in Maine

How do I get GMAC to remove an erroneous credit item?

Asked by Axel, Maine Thu Oct 4, 2012

My Denver home was in preforeclosure in Jan 12 and sold in Mar '12. The outstanding debt was satisfied, but GMAC lists a foreclosure on my credit report.

Help the community by answering this question:


I'd challenge it with the bureaus and also request a letter from GMAC stating the debt was satisfied. When you obtain the letter, keep a copy of the letter for your records and send a copy to the 3 bureaus.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
Challenge it with each of the 3 credit bureaus. They are supposed to remove it during the challenge, and only add it back on if GMAC fights it. I'd suggest going through GMAC, but that is likely to be harder given the red tape and lack of motivation you'll likely encounter.

While you're at it, challenge anything and everything on your 3 credit reports that doesn't look accurate.
Web Reference: http://www.SFisHOME.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer