Home Buying in Long Beach>Question Details

LB90803, Renter in Long Beach, CA

How do I "flag" a listing that is a scam?

Asked by LB90803, Long Beach, CA Mon Sep 2, 2013

Someone is pretending to be the owner of 6121 Capri Ct and has the house for rent for $1,200 (yes, that's right!) and this house has a sale pending.

Answers

4
That is great that there is a FLAG button on the website. I did not know that. Thanks for sharing. Here is the customer service number for Trulia if anyone ever needs to contact the company directly.
Customer Service 888-466-3501
Thanks for positing this question. I've been wondering about this for a while. I see a lot of scams in the rental section.

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
619-929-0105
And I just found another 2 scam listings----both houses that are on the market to sell (one with sale pending)
Flag Wed Sep 4, 2013
Now that I've been actively looking for place, I'm finding a lot of scams on Trulia. Disappointing. Hope people aren't paying these people money
Flag Wed Sep 4, 2013
please call 310-483-8872 for info
I figured out how to flag the listing. Thanks. Just hoping someone stops this guy, who is impersonating the actual owner of the house
Flag Tue Sep 3, 2013
When you pull up the listing there should be an option to "flag" it. Click on the "flag".

If that doesn't work - reach out to: customerservice@trulia.com

Rental scams are common, unfortunately - no idea why trulia can't do anything to screen them better.

One thing to always remember, if it sounds too good to be true - it isn't true!

And - never, ever wire money to anyone who claims to be the landlord and says they can't meet you in person to view the home!
Unbelievable. I just found 3 more scam listings. I don't understand why Trulia can't screen these somehow.
Flag Tue Sep 3, 2013