Home Buying in Pelican>Question Details

Pamela Ander…, Home Buyer in Ohio

How do I fine owners that will finance their home for sale?

Asked by Pamela Anderson, Ohio Mon Apr 28, 2014

Answers

6
Hello Pamela,
have you found a Seller Financed home since your posting in April of 2014?

If not my investment group offers a buyer the opportunity to choose the home they wish to purchase then I present it to them along with the buyers package to evaluate. Once accepted we move forward to purchasing the home for the buyers. Contact me for full details my email is the Broker@MarZiaRiVera.REALTOR and my direct line is 239-540-4884

MarZia RiVera, Broker
Southern World LLC
239-540-4884
In this market this will be a tough shot as it is a sellers market. Have you tried looking in all possible financing options.
Pamela, you're issue here is one of current market trends. Our market is hot right now. There aren't many owners willing to do seller finance because they don't have to. If a property is listed accurately, many offers will come in and some will be cash. Even in scenarios where they will seller finance, a 10%-20% deposit is typical. you might want to look at getting financed through a lender and purchase the home of your choice!!
Pamela, advertise on Craigslist indicating that you are looking for owner financing, sadly most agents would end up jeopardizing your search by guiding you to one of those big company that portrait themselves as single owners when in fact are corporations that act sometimes worst than banks.

Out of hundreds of agents you only will find a handful that can really help because they know how owner financing really works, my suggestion, stick with working directly with the homeowner.
Have your REALTOR present you with those homes that offer full or partial seller financing.
Your REALTOR will be able to identify other market segments that are most likely to offer seller financing.
Finally, if you show real commitment to your REALTOR, they can create some seller financed situations for you.

And finally, your REALTOR may have some private money options available.

Some have found it very beneficial to consult with those who assist in the buying and selling of dozens of homes every year.
Pamela, one idea might be to advertise in the same place where people list their homes "for sale by owner." Perhaps that's the local paper, CraigsList, etc..." Say something like "looking for home with owner financing..." and then go on to list why an owner should consider extending you credit. A good Realtor can also find out whether any of their listings might have that option. Good luck.