Jes M, Home Buyer in Dublin, CA

How do I find the title company that handled the sale of a house I sold on March 13, 2006. The sale took place over 7 years ago....

Asked by Jes M, Dublin, CA Wed Aug 14, 2013

Answers

7
Jes,

If you can't find your agents and/or title company information then contact me. I can search your address on MLS and will be able to find the name of the realtor and title company name.
In my state the name of the person that prepared the deed is on the last page of it, that is recorded in the local clerk’s office (deed room). Start there,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
If none of these answers worked, you can go back to your agent - they keep copies of paperwork for each transaction. If you don't remember who that was or need contact info, we can help you with that offline.
Try checking your tax records for the year in which you sold. You might find the closing statement from the title company in your records.
Look in your paperwork that you received when you sold the house. You can also try contacting a title company and ask them check for you.
The name of the title company will be part of your closing package of paperwork that you received. You will find their name, address and phone number on the summary statement. You can also locate your title insurance policy. The information will be there.

If you are trying to track them down because of a lost title insurance policy, do not worry about it. When you sell a property, you will have to provide the buyer with a new policy anyway and since the original sale is over 7 years ago, the first title company will not offer you any kind of discount if you use them again.
Look up your contractual paperwork - it would be in there...