Home Buying in Hugo>Question Details

Jschroeder, Home Buyer in Hugo, MN

How do I find the name of the builder of my home?

Asked by Jschroeder, Hugo, MN Sun Apr 7, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Hugo

Answers

4
Hi, Jschroeder!
Well, that's a good question!!

Sort of depends on the age of your home. I would start with the City to see about the permits if the house is only a few years old. If that doesn't help, check with county records to see if it gives you the title transfers from the beginning of when the land was developed. That should tell you who build the place, too. You may have to go further than just checking the website for the county, you may actually have to make a phone call if the online records don't go back far enough.

Good luck!!
The building permit people would have that information. Usually, the city inspector keeps those on file when the building permit is taken out. They should also have permits and inspection reports of work done by contractors over the life of the home. Good Luck. If you need other specifics, call me at 612-986-4105. Liz

My pledge? Service. Service. Service!

My pledge? Service. Service. Service!
Start by checking the local building dept for permit applications.