Green, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

How do I find the buyer of a property after the contract is accepted but before the sale closes?

Asked by Green, Chicago, IL Fri Apr 17, 2009

I may want to ask the new buyer to flip the property to me but the seller's agent isn't fortcoming with the info.

Answers

6
That information doesn't become public until the property closes. It's not that the agent isn't forthcoming, it's because we don't disclose any contract information while the property is pending.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 18, 2009
Your proposition could create a host of legal issues for everyone involved. If you're interested in conducting a fair and documented transaction then you should have the listing agent contact the buyer's agent and ask them to get in touch with you. If the buyer's are interested in speaking with you then they'll reach out to you. If not they are not interested and you can move on.

Either way, you find out your answer.

Scott Newman
Newman Realty
In addition to privacy and disclosure issues, the purchase contract may also prevent this from being allowed. There may be a 'nonassignment' clause in there.
Green,

Disclosing this information would be unethical. However, we see nothing wrong with asking the agent to pass this information along to his customer and provide them with your contact information.

I agree with Dana! It is highly unethical to find out who the buyer is before the deal closes. I don't think you will find anyone to disclose this unless you contact the seller directly and seller chooses to divulge.
I think it would be highly unethical for the seller's agent to disclose this information.