Yesenia, Home Buyer in California

How do I find out which homes (without a realtor) are up for sale in a certain school district or that belong to a certain school?

Asked by Yesenia, California Thu Jan 17, 2013

Is there such site available? I want to get an idea of what homes are going for in the Sylvan school district without having to drive around town wasting gas.

Answers

18
You can usually look for properties on sites like this one, Trulia.com or Zillow.com. They also have a link to check school districts as well. I use Zillow.com on my website to better assist my clients. Here is the link: http://www.zillow.com/modesto-ca/schools/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 15, 2013
Most MLS' have a field to capture school info - but I always recommend that you check for yourself. The best way to do this is by calling the school district and connect with the transportation dept. Those are the folks that can provide the definitive answer to the question - where do you deliver a child from a particular address....

Good luck and best.
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013
While you may find a site that posts listings, many times those listing are already pending. The best advice I could give you is find a Realtor that you can work with on a casual basis and if you see the right property, work with the Realtor who has been providing you valued information and make your offer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013
Then they don't deserve the business! There are a lot of Realtors out there who do take the business seriously. We answer questions daily... that doesn't put money in our pockets. My feeling is that if they ask, they have a need to know. It's my job is to meet the communities needs. Then hopefully listings and sales will follow.
They never get back to us with the results.
Yesenia,
I realize this question was asked MONTHS ago, but I'm curious.
Why does the idea of working with a Realtor concern you? You realize the homes you find, will be listed by a Realtor? One that is working FOR the SELLER!
The seller pays the Realtors through the proceeds of the sale. BUYERS should soak up assistance from a Realtor, it really is in their best interest....and yours too!
Looking for FSBO-For Sale by Owner? Can't even start with the pitfalls that may occur through this process without someone representing you.
I realize some of us can come off pretty strong. The key is finding one that you can work with... that works well with you.
I don't consider myself a "High Pressure Sales Person" so if you need information, I would be glad to help. Feel free to call on me if you are still in need of assistance. I would love to know why Realtor's have no value in your search for a home?

Patty Sykes
Coldwell Banker Vinson Chase
Realtor # 01169818
(209) 230-4501
Dear Yesenia,
You can usually find out what the school district boundaries are by either going to the district main offices, or looking online at the district maps. Be very careful not to make a mistake on this, and ask the owners of the home what district they are in as well. You can also confirm by taking the home address to the school district to make sure it's in the one you want.
Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that you're asking a group of Realtors how to avoid working with a Realtor?
"Like"
Flag Thu Jan 24, 2013
Why You Should Work With a Real Estate Agent

Here are reasons why it pays to work with a real estate agent...

You’ll have an expert to guide you through the process. Buying or selling a home usually requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multi-page settlement statements. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes.

Get objective information and opinions. Real estate agents can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They’ll also be able to provide objective information about each property. A professional will be able to help you answer these two important questions: Will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?

Find the best property out there. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your agent to find all available properties.

Benefit from their negotiating experience. There are many negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession, and inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings, or equipment. In addition, the purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.

Property marketing power. Real estate doesn’t sell due to advertising alone. In fact, a large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner’s contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, and family. When a property is marketed with the help of a real estate agent, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your agent will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.

Real estate has its own language. If you don’t know a CMA from a PUD, you can understand why it’s important to work with a professional who is immersed in the industry and knows the real estate language.

Real estate agents have done it before. Most people buy and sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. And even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change. Real estate agents, on the other hand, handle hundreds of real estate transactions over the course of their career. Having an expert on your side is critical.

Buying and selling is emotional. A home often symbolizes family, rest, and security — it’s not just four walls and a roof. Because of this, home buying and selling can be an emotional undertaking. And for most people, a home is the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on both the emotional and financial issues most important to you.
I would be happy to send a list to your email of homes in that school district. But a listing lasts about 1 week maybe less. What is your price range and do you have a lender, your offer will not even be considered if your lender is not in place. email me directly at MollyRE@msn.com By the way I am a realtor and pay of money to have mls access its not free. The mls is the site that has all the listing and other down load from there. That is why the mls is the most accurate. Molly Mooney Realtor
Yesenia, go to http://www.SchoolAndHousing.com

To find homes "belonging" to a certain school....

1) At the top of the page, under “Home”, hold your mouse over "Home Finder" and then select "Find Home in School Boundary".

2) Click on the "Select a School" which will provide a pop-up window to enter the school name. As you type it will start to show you school names until you select one of the schools. Once you find and select your school click OK.

3) Review the resulting map and hover over the house icons to read quick information about the hose; or, click the icon to proceed to more detailed information.

Be aware that the listing data is not completely comprehensive; however, you can always find the attendance schools of a single property address just by typing it into the "Find School By Address" box.

Also, before making an offer you should call the School District to CONFIRM the schools the property will feed to!

-Steve
Thank the Lord that someone (Steve) finally guided me to the right direction! You just made my Friday.
" A lot of people read, but only a few are able to understand what they read."
Flag Fri Jan 18, 2013
I'm just going to climb on the bandwagon here and ask why would you want to do this without an agent? As the others have said, a buyer's agent costs you nothing and will make your real estate goals far easier to obtain.
If a Realtor costs the BUYER nothing,
and,
If a Realtor has the answers you want,
WHY?
Probably the best way not to waist time and money and be acurate is the following:

1) Call the school district to obtain accurate information on thier boundaries.
2) Call a Realtor to have them set up a search specific to that boundary.

The reality is, a Realtor has the most accurate information on available homes. Web sites are limited, may not show the correct status and update times are slow. In addition, yard signs remain up even though the home is pending and a few days after being sold.

Ultimately, if you don't want to waist time, you'll need to include a Realtor. We can send you available homes via email without showing you.

I hope this helps,

Rocky

Rocky G.H. Hawrysz
Prudential California Realty
O: (209) 444-6610
F: (209) 433-2000
M: (209) 915-6209
rocky@prucalifornia.com
http://www.TeamHawrysz.com
Lic.#01468373

Without Question, Committed to Your Success!
Susan is correct. There currently isnt a search engine with correct property listing information. Real Estate sales agents and brokers can however search this for you. Like Tim said (in a very hyper way) it doesnt cost you anything to hire a realtor to work on your behalf. We Realtors can do searches based on map boundaries and schools and then show you what comes up in the search. I like to do this using your personalized search database that you and I can both access. It is a search I set up that scans the MLS (our official property listing database) around six times a day looking for something in the search i set up. Anytime anything comes up, it shoots you an email and myself. We can both go in and look at the properties through our "Portal". You have your own portal and I have mine- we both can see the same properties. Then you can go in and "save" the ones you like and are interested in and you can "reject" the ones you for-sure do not want. We can also leave notes and comments to eachother that we can both see. Whatever you move to save/rejected folders I'll be able to see and vice versa.

That is probably the best way that you can find a home in the Sylvan school district. In fact I already have a search set up for that district. I can customize it a bit for you and give you access?

Keep in mind in this market houses sell VERY quickly. You need to be able to see and offer on the home toward the very beginning of the time it comes on the market- or else you might lose your chance. There arent enough homes available these days so it can get a bit competitive.

Email me and I can get you set up :) Have a great rest of the week!

Alvena Maryam Safar | Broker | CalPrime Realty
Office (209) 622-0769 | Mobile (209) 612-8109| eFax (866) 458-0798|
3507 Tully Rd. Unit # 60 Modesto, CA 95356 | DRE# 01509140
Alvena@CalPrimeRealty.com | http://www.CalPrimeRealty.com
http://www.facebook.com/CalPrimeRealty
Let me explain something you may not know. When a house is listed for sale with a Realtor 99.999% of the time it is an exclusive listing which means the home owner can not sell it themselves and that it must be sold through the real estate company that has the listing. Therefor an agent is going to be involved in the sale - that is the listing agent and they work for the seller. The seller is paying for another agent to actually sell the property and that is the selling agent who works for the buyer. Sometimes the listing agent is also the selling agent and that means they get double the commission they would have gotten if there was another agent acting as the buyers agent. So if a house is listed with a Realtor the seller is paying for you, the buyer, to have your own agent working for you. So to you having an agent is FREE, so why would you not use one. Let them burn their gas hauling you around to areas you may not even know are there. Let them coach you, educate you and guide you on the process and guess what - IT's FREE to you. So why would not use your own agent???????????????????????????????????
Thank you Tim. I already know that info. If I was guaranteed a good, trust worthy, etc... realtor, I would, with no doubt, not hesitate. Reality is though, finding one is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. It is so much easier and not to mention convenient to do a search alone. Remember, I am just wanting to browse online, not be driving around, for that I don't need a Realor, all I want is to get an idea of home prices based on school. When the time comes to buy, then obviuosly, a Realtor will be selected.
Flag Thu Jan 17, 2013
Why would you want to do all that work WITHOUT a Realtor. I have extensive knowledge of this area and can guide you to specific properties within your price range in the school districts you're interested in. There's no need to drive around town wastin gas.
Call me and I will help you!
Susan Baudler
PMZ Real Estate
DRE# 01894922
209-985-9969
We want to zone in to a particular high school in the Sylvan district. It is much easier to not have to go through a realtor when just looking to get an idea.
Flag Thu Jan 17, 2013
You can use the search feature on my web site to see houses for sale in a specific zip code.

Emily Ryslinge
Broker - Ryslinge Realty
(209) 232-5610
http://www.emilyryslinge.com