Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Wtvd, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

How do I find out whether there are deed restrictions on a property I am interested in buying in Philadelphia, PA?

Asked by Wtvd, Philadelphia, PA Mon Sep 27, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


You real estate agent can get you the answer. In Philadelphia call the new city phone number 311 and they will direct you, also get their id number if you should need further assistance.

Jim Whalen, Realtor
V.I.P. Realty Corp
(215) 725-5700
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 28, 2010
You have been given good advice about how to find out about deed restrictions. If you are making an offer on a house you can have an attorney put the contingency about deed restriction in agreemnet of sale when making an offer so as to protect you.Your agent can guide you.
Web Reference: http://www.gitabantwal.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 30, 2010
The Real -Estate Agent you are working should provide you with that information .If the neighborhood have a community center the community center should be able to give the information or see do that area have a website where you can provide information
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 28, 2010
A title search would help. You can also go to City Hall on the first floor.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 27, 2010
For do-it-yourselfers: County Courthouse (cheap way), Title company (cots $)

If you're using a real estate agent: They would get the answer.

If you are using a lawyer: You would pay them so they can go to the title company. (Most expensive route)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 27, 2010
Two ways. Easiest, is to order a title search with a title company. However, it will cost money. Otherwise, you could go to county records and look up the information yourself.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 27, 2010
The real estate professional you are working with should be able to get the deed restrictions for you. If the agent is unable to give you an answer reach out to the county courthouse.

Good Luck and I would be happy to help with any other questions.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 27, 2010
Hello Sir,

The best way to do that is to work with a Real Estate Professional. During your Real Estate Transaction your friendly real estate professional working closely with the mortgage and Title company, will identify any restrictions on the deed.

If you have never bought a property before it could be intimidating. Why not give me a call and we can discuss this over the phone.

Alexander Shulzhenko
267 738 0886 begin

Web Reference: http://www.eRealtyFind.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 27, 2010
Call the county...Give them the address. They can tell you what restrictions it has. It's as easy as that.

Hope this helps and good luck :)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 27, 2010

Actually, your question is specific to deed restrictions. You can find out by doing a title search. You can fo to http://www.phila.gov and sign up for phiadox. You can also hire an attorney. These will show up on a title report when you buy a property.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 27, 2010
In Philadelphia, there are zoning codes that govern the legal use of a property. If the property is zoned as residential, it will be treated as such. If the owner wants to change the zoning limitaions on a property, it will have to be submitted to the zoning review board for consideration
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 27, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer