Home Buying in Forney>Question Details

Buyer, Home Buyer in

How do I find out what Megatel Homes have sold for in Grayhawk subdivision?

Asked by Buyer, Tue Jun 24, 2008

Answers

15
Megatel has only sold 12 homes in this community. Their prices range from the 180s to mid 300s... that is why it's important to narrow it to a size or address to give you a more accurate figure.

Naima
Web Reference: http://www.sumnerrealty.com
Your post (the last one) sounds more like Zach writing his own blog...... Since the person writing the post just happened to “stumble” on my post only several hours after I made my post, with such a heated tone, didn’t use spell check. It sounds just like how Zach talks.

I bought a home from Highland in Devonshire and dealt with Zach when I was shopping for my home. If you want someone to call you over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over…… “You are dealing directly with the owner, so what is it going to take for you to buy” then they are the builder for you. I have seen things such as a slab that was pour after 9pm. Just because the HOA has regulations about not working after 7pm, doesn’t mean that they don’t do it anyways. In regards to your comment about, “I personally like to deal with the builder that creates the personal relationship instead of buying from a builder who is only big in size.” Highland, Horizon, First Texas, Horton have all been around for a long time and you can get actual BBB info on them. NOT JUST A BLOG ABOUT HOW GREAT THEY ARE, OR REALTORS LOOKING FOR A DEAL. All I was saying is that the TRUE track record of Megatel will be in 2-5 years. We will see if the “quality” will be there down the road and all of the homeowners still like Zach and Megatel. Knock on some doors in Chestnut Meadows if you want a true response not a BLOG!!

I did receive a copy of that residential report from Horton back in November, but I can’t speak on their other designs since they didn’t have anything completed, but the report was really interesting. WOW, you: “heard from sales team that they are now on the top builders list in DFW. I know they sold 10 times more than First Texas Homes in Grayhawk so far!!” #43 on the list!! WOW!!! 38 Starts for Megatel vs #5 First Texas 531 starts??...... so 10 times, I guess your calculator has a really neat function, it is called fiction. I drove Greyhawk today and First Texas has at least 15 home maybe more, so my math says 10 times 15 homes is 150?? and Megatel only had only built around 38 homes in all of DFW in that homes report?? Also any builder in Dallas that closed more than 20 homes made the list, including most in the bottom 30 that as a consumer I had never heard of, enough said.

Also they tout on their website that they are custom??........ They build the exact same floor plans in Fox Hollow, Greyhawk, and Chestnut. So what exactly is so different about Megatel?? I think that they should change their website to Custom Features, not Custom Homes. Oh yeah, they say that they more freebies, well I got a heck of a deal with the stuff that Highland gave me too. Just as all the other builders right now will deal on freebies or take offers.

Last but not least, if I was paying more for a large lot in Greyhawk or Fox Hollow I would be upset that they were selling the same homes in all neighborhoods!!

P.S. homeowner is one word not two
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 2, 2010
Sounds like alot of builder BS, and Realtors trying to get business........ if you really want to find out what people think, go to Greyhawk and Chestnut Meadow in Forney and start knocking on doors.

I live in Forney and I have heard a lot of things that would concern me about them. I had a friend of mine who is an agent with Coldwell Banker Apex; that has told me that they total screwed his client. They have been in the home for a couple of months and they promised to finish the home and have never done it. I was also told that the day before closing they told him that if he wanted to walk the deal it was fine with them, they just sell it to someone else.

Bottom line, they are a SMALL company with only 29 Closings from 3rd quarter 08 to 3rd Quarter 09 (stats pulled from Residential Strategies). The owner drives around to all neighborhoods and manages almost the whole company himself. The sales people in the neighborhood from what I have heard handle all buyer walks, and also warranty....... every time I have ever bought something the sales person doesn’t give two hoots about me after I paid my money, they are on to the next sale. Finally, I personally saw one of their crews in my neighborhood pouring a slab at 9:30 at night with the headlights of one concrete truck, and two of the workers cars……. And I have been told that they don’t have superintends for each area of town.

It would concern me that the workers and sales people have little to no supervision….. Speaking from experience no builder is perfect and you will have a few issues with any of them, but I sure would not want a home that the foundation was poured at 9:30pm in the dark.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 29, 2009
Hi to those of you who are asking about recorded sales for Grayhawk. The available home(1136) was raised 500 dollars because the listing agent had mistakenly put 186 to begin with. The reason that the other homes you mentioned had not been recorded is because there is no 1138( you must mean 1144) at this time and 1140 just closed this last week. The statement that Megatel has sold 12 homes in this communtiy is not correct the previous sales were for Chestnut Meadows and that is a totally different subdivision. The prices there would not reflect what we have done in Grayhawk.We have been in the new subdivsion for about 3 months and have closed 2 and have several build jobs going at this time. The prices range from the 180's to 280's at this time and we have some other floor plans in the works that will be in the 300's. Please feel free to contact me with any other questions, including what homes have sold or appraised for. I am here to help! We welcome Realtors as well, please come visit!
Kim Leos
Megatel Homes
214-546-2905
kim@megatelhomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 14, 2008
It seems that the sales haven't been recorded at all. 1136 is still available for sale, they actually just raised the price by 500 to 186,500 this week. 1138 and 1140 have no records whatsoever, not even a tax record number with the county.

Sorry,

Naima
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 25, 2008
Recent | Oldest | Highest Rated

Shoqcar69, Home Buyer in Mesquite, TX
My sister has bought a megatel home in Greyhawk . She has had nothing but trouble with the house cracking . They have been out about eight times trying to fix what they say is warranty work and now one of the owners of the company will not even call her back and a house is only two years old . I would never buy a megatel home
A moment ago -
I am one of the home owners in Forney. I have been living in Forney in past 12 years now and one of the recently Megatel Homes homeowners. I bought a home from Megatel in Oct. 2008. I actually built my home with Megatel and moved in Oct of this year. I just saw the previous posting and thought it is good to give every one more information about my experience.
I agree that Megatel is not the biggest builder in town. I also agree the owner is very involved with the daily process. To me these two are their advantage. I can tell you that I had a great experience with this builder. They actually have a great and friendly builder in Forney. Kris is very educated and knows the building process very well. We had 3 walkthrough with him and I was super happy at the end of the day. I also had great experience with sales agent and every time I had question, the owner was very helpful and cooperative.
As I said, I have been living in Forney for 12 years so I know them most builders in my town. Megatel is the best quality builder by far from any others. I confirmed their reputation with some insiders from city of Forney and I visited few home owners. They have the best energy saving features in my house that no other builders offered at that time. Including the tankless water heater. You can check their record at TRCC. When I checked, they had no complaint filed and zero defect houses. I also heard from sales team that they are now on the top builders list in DFW. I know they sold 10 times more than First Texas Homes in Grayhawk so far!!
I also know every single home owner in Grayhawk by name. We always talk about our quality of our homes and I never heard anyone complaining about warranty issues. I have few items in list that builder took care of those in two weeks after my closing. I keep hearing about all the poor service from First Texas Homes home owners. They really cut corners and have a very poor sales agent. I was approached several time by the agent to their homes and I know their houses.
Just drive by in my neighborhood and you definitely can distinguish Megatel Homes from their completion. I know by fact that no other builder can even offer anything close to what Megatel offers because I shopped them for 3 month before I enter to contract. I brought the independent inspector before closing my house and I was told by inspector that my house is built great and using good quality material. (I even don’t mind to share the name of the inspector if you are serious to be my neighbor!!)
I also recently visited a couple houses from Dr.hoton in Fox Hollow. My son is thinking to move and live with us in Forney from L.A. They are big boxes and very low quality to me. They don’t have a nice front and face. It maybe because I am spoiled with Megatel and I can’t believe all included items that Megatel offers in compare their completion.
I personally like to deal with the builder that creates the personal relationship instead of buying from a builder who is only big in size.
The bottom line is that I had a great experience with Megatel and we are buying a house for my son in Devonshire soon from Megatel Homes in Forney.
If you are in market of buying new home, I highly recommend to talk to Megatel and ask any questions that you may have. I have talked to Zach several times and he is just a super nice gentleman and willing to help in any way he can. They really offered me a great home with the great price that I never could get from any other builder in town.
I think some of the previous posts here are only from their completion because Megatel really don’t reap off people on upgrades and don’t cut corner. At least I never saw that and I can assure you because I live in Grayhawk, I never saw anyone work 9:30 PM with the truck in my community. We have HOA and any work after 7PM is not allowed in Grayhawk!!
The last post is more like a realtor who gets more money under the table from some other builders than a true "Forney Residence" to me. Believe me, i have seen that in my past three new home purchase in my life with realtors.

I hope this helps to make a wise decision about the most important investment in our lives!!
Kim/Eric:
I am so looking forward to having my home built on GrayHawk. I have searched the Forney area, as well as Rockwall and Sunnyvale. I think you have a great home product, up grades are easy to calculate and I am willing to wait for my house to be completed. Eric, thank you for being so patient and answering every question I had regarding the building of my home, for walking the lots with me and explaining the phases of build out. Thanks again! Lyn
It looks like the below properties are in Frisco, I am referring to the subdivision in Forney. Thanks!!!
Those properties may not be MLS however these are the properties sold in the past 6 months on Grayhawk drive they most likely are new construction. Contact my office if I can assist http://www.lynn911.com or 972-699-911... I do hope this cut and paste below came clear.

13290 Grayhawk DR FRISCO 3 2.0 2/0/2 1,850 2007 N 13 188,990 96 3/31/2008 98.38 182,000
12583 Grayhawk BLVD Frisco 4 2.0 2/0/2 2,804 0.261 2003 N 141 224,900 92 12/26/2007 73.82 207,000
12630 Grayhawk BLVD FRISCO 4 3.0 2/0/2 3,009 2003 N 73 239,000 102 5/02/2008 81.09 244,000
13266 Grayhawk BLVD Frisco 4 2.0 2/0/2 2,742 2005 N 43 259,000 96 2/11/2008 90.26 247,500
13323 Grayhawk BLVD Frisco 5 3.1 3/0/3 3,731 0.246 2003 N 90 268,000 96 6/09/2008 68.88 257,000
12414 Grayhawk BLVD Frisco 4 3.1 2/0/2 2,740 2007 N 63 274,990 83 2/17/2008 83.21 228,000
12337 Grayhawk BLVD Frisco 4 4.0 3/0/3 4,395 0.246 2005 N 49 294,500 115 2/29/2008 77.25 339,500
12232 Grayhawk BLVD FRISCO 5 3.0 2/0/2 3,256 2004 N 86 294,900 97 6/17/2008 87.53 285,000
13378 Grayhawk BLVD Frisco 4 3.1 2/0/2 3,674 2007 N 55 299,990 85 3/14/2008 69.25 254,420
The addresses are 1136, 1138, 1140, Grayhawk Drive - thanks!
Grayhawk is a new multi-phase community perfectly located on Walnut Lane in between Highway 80 and Interstate 20 in Forney, Texas. The community will include 571 homes at full build out. Residents will enjoy nearly 50 acres of clustered open space, a fantastic location that is within two miles of the high school, middle school and elementary school, as well as the new Forney park, and will have quality homes built by regional home builders, First Texas Homes, Crestmark Homes, and Megatel Homes. Homes in phase one are expected to range between the 180's and 250's and be available for occupancy in the Spring of 2008.

Call me 214-783-6416 lucy@webuyitwesellit.com

Lucy
If you have a specific address, I'll be happy to prepare and email you a market analysis on it.

Naima
214-289-8555
naima@sumner-realty.com

Call me 214-783-6416! lucy@webuyitwesellit.com

Lucy