Home Buying in Staunton>Question Details

Ladybuglove, Home Buyer in Staunton, VA

How do I find out how to get added to the agreement or can that even be done? What do I do???

Asked by Ladybuglove, Staunton, VA Mon Apr 5, 2010

I have been juggling between many people... realtors...loan officers... etc. Please help.Im attemping to purchase a home, it is private road. currently a road maintenance agreement placed on the road but does not include thehouse I am purchasing.

Answers

4
I would suggest that you contact a real estate attorney about this issue. Once you close on the property it may be costly, time consuming and difficult. It is much better to address all concerns now. Best wishes!
If you are not getting the answers you need, you need to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate before your purchase and check out your options--most professionals do offer a free consultation.
The person that can answer this question reliably would be your closing agent. If you are using an attorney, they should be able to clear that up for you right away. If you are using a title company, then they may not have an attorney on staff, so you may have to get your own.
I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish. I think that you are trying to purchase a home where there has been a granted easment for access to several different homes. This easment can be found either by doing a title search, or even looking to see if an old plat has been recorded. The question is how many other homeowners are involved in the private road maintence agreement, and how the seller is presenting access to the property. If you already have a ratified agreement with the seller, then your attorney or closing office should be researching this. I am sure that a reliable and experienced Real Estate attorney can resolve this issue.

Kelley Rae-Voyles Bass, Realtor/Short Sale Specialist
Rose and Womble Realty
Chesapeake, Va
757-287-0062