Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

tiffanyhenry…, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

How do I find out about a real estate agent if its no credentials on them? What do I look for in a real estate agent?

Asked by tiffanyhenry1234, Philadelphia, PA Mon May 26, 2014

Answers

3
The Commonwealth has a record of every person who is a licensed salesperson. You could also ask for references or if they are on Trulia see if anyone has recommended them on their profile. If you have not yet found an agent, I would be happy to help you find something.

Sandra
--
Sandra Hazeltine, REALTORĀ®
BHHS Fox & Roach, RealtorsĀ®
Center City-Rittenhouse Hotel
210 West Rittenhouse Square
Suite 406
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Mobile: 609.618.4119
Direct: 215.875.3357
Office: 215.546.0550
Fax: 215.546.9781
sandra.hazeltine@foxroach.com
At the top of this page in the green bar is a pull down labeled "Find An Agent."
Enter the location in which you have interest and a list of agents will appear.
You will be able to access their profile to determing their specialities AND review their recomendations.
This is not the best method, but it is one available to you now.

Best of Success,
Annette Lawrence, Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
I am not sure what you mean by credentials. If you mean a license to practice real estate, you should be able to check your State Licensing authority on line to be sure this person is licensed. Also, check out the agency for which they work, is it a well know brand? If not, how long have they been in business? How many homes have they sold in the past year? Ask the same questions of the agent. Ask them to explain the home buying or selling process to you. Have a conversation. You may want to interview more than one agent. You will find someone with whom you feel comfortable. Work with that person.