Home Buying in Marietta>Question Details

Builder Clos…, Home Buyer in Marietta, GA

How do I find homes builders are desperate to sell in East Cobb?

Asked by Builder Closeout, Marietta, GA Tue Apr 3, 2012

Answers

5
There are no desperate builders in East Cobb as far as I am concerned. Those that were have already been foreclosed on or bought up by the current new home builders in the area. East Cobb has one of the more desirable schools and amenities home buyers are looking for. The good land is hard to come by because most has been developed already here. Majority of the new construction projects are in the mid 300's and up and 750k plus is typical especially in the Walton district.

That aside, the prices of the homes currently are far less than they were back in 2005 and 2006. In other words what you could buy then for 1 million you can get for 700's and what you could buy for 700's you can get for 490's. Make sense?

I suppose it depends on what is important to you or rather what ideas/goals you have in mind. If you are thinking about buying lots at a discount that is a different story, but if you are looking for one home for yourself then the above applies. Happy to discuss the mater further with you based on your specific needs.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 3, 2012
I would agree with the previous agents, as a broker in East Cobb for 33 years you are 2 years too late. The reason you see new construction is because buyers are desperate for fresh clean new inventory. A drive through South Fulton and Clayton will find many vacant subdivision and half finished homes but not in East Cobb.
I live and I'm a Native of East Cobb. East Cobb is a strong area with great schools. Currently new subdivisions are being built however there are new neighborhoods tht had lots sitting empty for some time now that have finally been built on and the builder is ready to close out and move on. There are also some good deals on new homes that builders purchased the lots out of foreclosure and you can purchase a home under the value of others already built and occupied in great neighborhoods. I'm happy to assist in anyway possible. 678-697-7700 Top 3 Residential Agents Metro Atlanta Keller Williams
Quite honestly there are not many desperate home builders left. Most have already been foreclosed, bankrupt, short sale etc.

However, I would be glad to set up a search for you for any home built after any year you specify. So we we can search for homes built say 2010 or newer, 2005 or newer. Whatever year you want to specify.

That way the search will include not just builder homes but any foreclosure, short sale, etc. I would be glad to set that up for you. Just let me know. Thanks!
Many new home builders are offering very desireable incentives such as offering free upgrades, applicances, or closing costs. I would be happy to show you several home builders in the area who are building beautiful homes in East Cobb. For more information on new home builders, follow the link below.