Home Buying in Wichita Falls>Question Details

Joel, Home Seller in Mississippi

How do I find an title company or attornany that would be open to creative finance, such as me takeing over the sellers loan payments?

Asked by Joel, Mississippi Fri Aug 10, 2012

Answers

3
Title companies and lawyers don't deal with financing......your quest would be best directed to lenders and owners willing to do "owner financing" or lease options.

When home owners can't make their payments or need to move quickly and their home hasn't sold, especially if they are in a tight money situation, they might be "open" to get out of the home without further obligation in any fashion they can. The seller may be willing to do anything to get someone else in. However, the mortgage company holding the loan is the only one who can agree that the note be assumed by another buyer. If you qualify to do that, you could probably qualify to just make a new mortgage note. I would advise extreme caution with taking over the payments on any home without going through an attorney. I have heard of multiple situations where buyers gave sellers a "down payment" ranging from $2,500-$10,000 and made monthly payments then found an eviction notice on the door from the mortgage company. The seller wasn't passing the payment on to the lender and their only choice was to sue the seller for the return of monies paid and none I'm aware of were able to collect anything back. I agree with Alayne, there are some owner finance properties where the seller does own the property without obligation to a lender. That would be your best and safest option.
LeeAnn Burnett
RE/MAX Elite Group
940-636-1501
Wow, I think we all wish the same thing. It's just not going to happen anymore! Mortgage companies make much more money from the gov't with a foreclosure than to allow someone else to make the payments. Have you tried Owner financing? There are a few "for sale by owners" that own their homes free and clear. They do have the ability to move into the Mortgage companie's position. Good luck to you...really.
Alayne Brooks
Re/Max Elite Group
940-500-4010