Home Buying in Loma Linda>Question Details

Tim Black, Home Buyer in Crestline, CA

How do I find a trailer park where I can pay for everything INCLUDING the lot, too?

Asked by Tim Black, Crestline, CA Sun Nov 27, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:

Answers

5
Tim
Call or Visit a Manufactured Home Dealer for a list of lots or land for sale.
Do a search on Google: Manufactured Home Dealer
The ones I know of are Age 55 + communities.

Although some of information is on the Internet.
The best way to research is to visit the City Planners and view the zoning maps usally hanging in their office.
Ask the Planner what areas allow mobile homes on unimproved or improved land/lots.
In Areas of the County, contact the County Planning Departments, ask for Current & Future Zoning Maps. Each City has a Planning department. Maps run $40 ++.
Also go to the City & County Building Departments, Code Enforcement, & Water Departments and ask for print outs or regulations regarding mobile or manufactured homes in parks, raw land or improved Lots. You can check online first.

Try to talk to the City or County Employees, they are a wealth of information.


Best Regards
Cheryl Salzmann
Realtor
DRE 01467267
cell or text: 909 800-0650
email: Cheryl9098000650@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012
Tim,

First you need an agent experienced in this kind of property. Then they can conduct a search based on the criteria you are specifically interested in.
Web Reference: http://8889listit.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 25, 2012
If the mobile/manufactured home includes the land, they will be listed in the MLS under manufactured homes. Have your Realtor find them for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 28, 2011
That'd be very unusual in a trailer park--umm, mobile home community. I've heard of that in Florida, but really nowhere else.

Still, as Terry suggests, if there are any, a local Realtor should be able to help. As you probably know, though, most mobile homes aren't listed on the MLS because the homes themselves are often sold by the owners, and the homes are titled through the DMV. Where I am, I'd say maybe 15% of the homes appear on the MLS; the other 85% are sold privately. I'm sure that number varies geographically.

One other possibility is to call the managers at various parks. Even though they probably don't sell the lot with the home, they probably are aware of any nearby parks that do.

Hope that helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 28, 2011
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
MVP'08
Contact
I presume you are talking about buying the land as well as the unit! The best way to find these types of parks is to contact a local realtor who is familiar with the mobile home markets and familiar with the rules and regulations of mobile home parks. Mobile home parks and parks that sell the land with the mobile homes are a unique niche market, that a lot of agents don't want to deal with because the commissions are low. So watch for ad of any professional realtors in the area that you want to buy and give them a call!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 27, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer