Home Buying in 67333>Question Details

Ksgorillagir…, Home Buyer in

How do I find a real estate agent in two states (Kansas and Oklahoma)?

Asked by Ksgorillagirl@gmail.com, Mon Mar 18, 2013

I am looking to buy a home in the Coffeyville, KS area;however, I am also looking at Dewey, OK; South Coffeyville, OK; and, possibly, Caney, KS. I am not sure how to find a real estate agent that covers all of these areas. Any suggestions?

Help the community by answering this question:


You may need two agents unless you can find someone licensed in both states, which could be difficult. I would not worry about using a single agent. But I would try to find the best ones in each state. If you choose two, you should let each know that you are working with the other and make sure any agreements you sign allows for this arrangement. (This should not be a problem.) To find the best agents, you may may be able to get referrals from agents in your current community. However, I have had some success finding agents for my clients by simply looking for those who answer questions here on Trulia. Often the answers here offer a good idea about how individual agents think and how they treat their clients.

Ron Rovtar
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 18, 2013
You may have to have two different agents and the fair thing to do is whoever didn't win (find you the home) would get a 25% or some kind of referral fee for helping/showing you property in their state. But some agents are licensed in more than one state - I would call some of the agencies on both sides of the state line and just ask if any agents are licensed in both states. Happy house hunting!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 18, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer