Home Buying in Voorheesville>Question Details

Cher1957, Other/Just Looking in Albany County, NY

How do I find a list of previous house sales in an area going back about 2 years?

Asked by Cher1957, Albany County, NY Wed May 6, 2009

Answers

4
Hello! To research on your own, I recommend using Zillow.com. Whether searching by town, street or specific address - you will get a comprehensive list of sale prices going back more than two years.

To interpret the data you find, it may be useful to consult an agent who specializes (and lives and has a local office...) in Voorheesville, like myself. Happy to help should you need my expertise.

Best wishes!
Janna
Email me the address and I will be happy see what data I have on the home.
Each Multiple Listing Service will be able to track the sales over the last few years. A realtor can help you with that data. In the Raleigh North Carolina area, we can go back about ten years. If you want to check prices yourself, try the county tax office in your area. That list of sales will include for-sale-by-owners, too. Remember however that sales which occured two years ago are no longer valid comparisons to what a home is worth today. In many sections of the country home prices have devalued. You also need to consider the law of supply and demand, and check current competition to find a current value for a home.
Any realtor in that area can help you easily .
Good Luck
A.J.Zaki