Kristian Har…, Renter in Glen Burnie, MD

How do I find a lender who specializes in credit problems/?

Asked by Kristian Hargett, Glen Burnie, MD Sat Jun 23, 2012

My husband has a credit score of 612. It's not a matter of bad credit, its more of a lack of credit. There are a few medical bills on his credit and 1 charge off that he just paid off (yesterday). We are planning to look into an FHA loan. We want someone who will help us get prepared and then help us once we are ready.

Answers

5
I do exactly what you need. Many loan officers will say they can help. Some can, some can't. Talk is cheap. I say Google my name with the phrase how to fix your credit. I can also introduce you to Realtors and clients who will tell you what I have done for them. Shoot me an email at bmendelson@1stmarinerbank.com and we can take a look. Thanks
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 23, 2012
Most lenders know how to help you but also a lot of them charge you for helping with your credit.
Your problem of no credit is the best pproblem to have and wont take long to fix.

For starters, you should get a secure credit card. Several banks like BOAoffer them. In it you provide the cash that will be your credit; so they do not ruun any risk. Usually is 300 the secret is to use your credit card but never use more that about 35% or 100 and pay it.

That is use up to 100, go to the bank and use the 100 again and pay do not wait for the statement. Once you do this for several months your secure credit card will be change to a regular credit card.
Get two of these cards in different companies. Also get a gas credit card and use it and pay it.

Soon you will have a hiig enough credit to qualify for a loan. I just closed a purchase contract for a frst time buyer who had no credit and doing this he obtain a 690 credit in several months.

Is not about the amount of credit but about how you use it that your credit is assigned.

I will be happy to help you at no cost to work on this and more. 410-672-3699
There are a lot of lenders that work with people with credit challenges. I'd be happy to refer you to lenders I work with that will help you.
One of my recent sales was a client in a similar position and they just settled on their new home in Towson in May.
June Piper-Brandon
Associate Broker
Century 21 New Millennium
410-292-0100 (Direct)
410-730-8888 (office)
LOL Greg I was out running errands and my phone is messed up and could only read half the posts. Thanks again for the good word on FMM and me personally. It's an awesome place to work.

Kristian,

Take a look at.http://www.examiner.com/article/lender-advice-for-first-time…

Also the key on the medical bills and chargeoffs are to get them paid and REMOVED. from your credit report. I'll walk you thru all this and help you do it.

Brent Mendelson
1st Mariner Mortgage
Nmls#111407
I emailed you. We have started paying off those things but aren't sure what happens next. Trust me we are very motivated to get this done. We have a baby who will be turning 1 in a few weeks and we want him to have a HOME. Thank you for your time
Flag Sat Jun 23, 2012
Kristen,

More FREE advise.....give Brent Mendelson a call. My experience with 1st. Mariner Bank Loan officers has been exceptional especially for first time home buyers.

Brent...I was wondering when you were going to CHIM in.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
Thank you very much.
Flag Sat Jun 23, 2012