Home Buying in Topeka>Question Details

Linda, Home Buyer in Topeka, KS

How do I find a good insurance company?

Asked by Linda, Topeka, KS Sat Aug 31, 2013

Answers

3
Interview the Insurance agent. Make sure they will take the time to sit down with your client and go over everything in the policy. I had one agent call me and wanted to meet up to start a referral program.
Met with her and turns out her pricing was much better that my current carrier and she saved me $1200 a year.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 26, 2013
The best suggestion is to start by asking your friends, family or acquaintances. They can tell you personal stories about how their agents went beyond the call of duty to help them. For example,
If you need homeowners insurance, consider asking a title co.

Check the agencies out. Research them online or read business rating directories. If you find bad reviews, cross them off your list.

Check the agents out. Ask your government's insurance regulatory agency if these agents actually are licensed to practice in your area. Look at their professional designations, professional accreditations, & the professional boards to which they belong.

Then, interview them. Schedule face-to-face meetings to see if they'll meet all your insurance needs. Determine the agent's knowledge. Find out if you both have good rapport, & if he can explain things well to you at a level you comfortably can understand. Check out his fees.

Find out his experience & whether he has a proven history.

I met my agent when he was going out of his way to help an elderly lady whose house had been destroyed by a fallen tree. His knowledge, compassion & energy impressed me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
There are many good insurance companies. I myself like brokerage type insurance companies that will search for multiple policies and find you the best deal. The key is to find a good insurance agent who communicates with you, who returns your phone calls and spends time explaining the policy. Similar to finding a good real estate agent.