Home Buying in White Plains>Question Details

John, Home Buyer in 10010

How do I find a good buyer's agent for a condo/apartment for Westchester, especially around greater White Plains?

Asked by John, 10010 Sun Jul 22, 2012

Answers

10
Going to open houses is also a good way to meet agents. Many buyers don't want to engage with the agent at an open house, but by having a chat, you can learn quite a bit about the agent and how professionally they do business.

When you have made a choice, though, by all means stick with them for a period of several months. The home-buying process doesn't happen overnight, especially now, when inventory is so low.
The BEST way to find a good agent is to ask those you know for a personal referral. This would be of someone they know and who they've done business with. There is no question about it. I see so many agents here who make some pretty wild claims about what they do and what they have done. I see the same thing on other web sites also.

If you don't know anyone in the area who could refer an agent you could call a few offices and interview a few agents. Sometimes a great agent just isn't a good fit for you. You can also browse through this site and see who's answering questions with answers you feel are intelligent as well as answer the question asked. Beware of the ones that keep saying pick me or if they are give very short answers just to get some stupid VIP badge. Also, don't give much credit to those with a PRO designation. That's available to anyone who wants to pay the fees. You could get your RE license in the morning and be a pro here in the afternoon. If you belong to any clubs or groups that may have a connection to the area you might ask there. Are you a member of a Rotary, Elks, Lions or are you a Mason? Are you a numismatist or philatilist? Ask around.

Donald Mituzas
Licensed Associate Broker
2008 Realtor of the Year
Douglas Elliman Real Estate

http://www.nyhomeseller.com
The BEST way to find a good agent is to ask those you know for a personal referral of someone they know who they've done business. There is no question about it. I see so many agents here who make some pretty wild claims about what they do and what they have done. I see the same thing on other web sites also.

If you don't know anyone in the area who could refer and agent you could call a few offices and interview a few agents. Sometimes a great agent just isn't a good fit for you. You can also browse through this site and see who's answering questions with answers you feel are intelligent and answer the question asked. Beward of the ones that keep saying pick me or if they are give very short answers just to get some stupid VIP badge. Also, don't give much credit to those with a PRO designation. That's available to anyone who wants to pay the fees. You could get your RE license in the morning and be a pro here in the afternoon. If you belong to any clubs or groups that may have a connection to the area you might ask there. Are you a member of a Rotary, Elks, Lions or are you a Mason? Are you a numismatist or philatilist? Ask around.

Donald Mituzas
Licensed Associate Broker
2008 Realtor of the Year
Douglas Elliman Real Estate

http://www.nyhomeseller.com
Hi John: Thanks for a great question. One of the important aspects of finding a good buyer's agent is to make sure that the buyer's agent is truly on your team. You don't want to work with the listing agent of a property because they will be on the seller's team. Additionally, you don't want to work with a persuasive buyer's agent who tries to talk you into buying every property you see. You want to find someone who will help you analyze the segment you are looking in & truly help you to find the very best deal that matches your needs. I'll be happy to show you how that works. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty, 914-273-9688. http://www.GrandLuxRealty.com.

We're looking for more agents & offer commission splits up to 90% with no fees.

if you know anybody who might be interested, I'll pay you up to $2,000 each for your agent recruits.
Commit to taking some time to interview several and ask the right questions. This isn't a popularity contest it's business and experience and connections are what counts.

I've attached a link below that will give you the information you need in order to properly interview agents.
Eric Bernstein
Better Homes & Gardens Realty
Scarsdale, NY 10583
(914) 391-1526

I've sold many condos and co-ops in the White Plains area and I work with an wonderful industry leading realty company. One of the best buyer's agents that ever was! I look forward to hearing from you.
Look for local real estate offices.
Hi John,

A good buyer's agent will ask to meet with you in their office, instead of agreeing to meet you at a property. The reason is to find out what your wants and needs are, how much you can afford, explain the process to you, and to see if you feel comfortable with the agent, and if you feel they are competent.

If you would like to interview me, please call or email me. I have lived in White Plains many years.

Sally Griffiths, GRI, GREEN
Weichert, Realtors
914-419-2655
sgriffiths@weichert.com
Ask people you may know for referrals; or contact and interview in person a few local agents from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best.
Best way is a referral. Otherwise, ask about their experience, and for a reccomendation