Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

Petra, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

How do I find a fire station for sale?

Asked by Petra, Charlotte, NC Mon Apr 2, 2012

Or a small old bank property or similar cool building for mixed residential/professional use?

Answers

4
Petra,
I've seen you've posted a few questions here on Trulia about industrial/commercial property. Email me directly a bit more about your real estate needs and I'll see what I can do to help make it happen. I work with buyers at no extra cost, so I'd love to help you!

John Siddons
704-458-1843
John.Siddons@prucarolinas.com
http://www.searchcharlotte.com
http://www.johnsiddons.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 2, 2012
I know this question was asked a few months ago, are you still looking for an old firehouse? Is SW Indiana in a small historic town out of your area?
Hi. Not necessarily, depending on conditions. I'm trying to figure out how to DM on this system. Clicking your name doesn't work and I'm really tied up the next couple of days. If you already know & could send directions, that would save me some time. Otherwise, I'll get back to you. Thanks.
Flag Mon Aug 20, 2012
Flag Mon Aug 20, 2012
Petra,

You would probably find a building like that in the historic area of the towns surrounding Charlotte, ie. historic Gastonia, Concord, Cornelius, Mooresville, Monroe, Lincolnton, Matthews, Statesville, Rock Hill. You might speak to some architects to see if they know of a building to renovate. Allison Pell renovated two such buildings in historic Gastonia.

Petra, you could also look along the rail lines in Mecklenburg county. There are many interesting buildings near railroad tracks.

A commercial real estate broker could help you locate the right building. I suggest calling Karen Tovar at Keller Williams Realty, 704-892-5518.

Wishing you success,
Robin
Your best opportunities would be with a Realtor. They would know the market and be able to research online and also with fellow Realtors to find such a unique purchase. I do know of something around the Denver, NC area.. If you would like to discuss, give me a call at 704-607-7514 or email me at rosec@lakenormanrealty.com