Home Buying in Statham>Question Details

Cliff Bowden, Home Buyer in Statham, GA

How do I find a buyers agent that values my questions and gives fast, honest answers?

Asked by Cliff Bowden, Statham, GA Thu Sep 22, 2011

I'm currently searching nearby areas for a home for my family of 3. We thought we fount an agent, but he keeps not answering questions like:1, can I get listings for houses for sale in x area for x to y price . 2, after providing a different list for a different area, we choose several from it but are told right before meeting to look inside that almost all are not available to us for reasons not explained. 3, we have found houses we think we like ourselves, and when brought to his attention he usually says you don't want a short sale or bid on such and such, even one house had multiple offers and we couldn't even see the inside.

Answers

5
Cliff:

I know your question is several months old now, but I'm new to the Voices section of Trulia. Our team has worked in the Athens area for awhile now, and if you're still looking for someone, we'd love the chance to be interviewed so we can help you out. On a personal note, I just moved out to Statham at the end of the year, so I'm available pretty much any time--sometimes to the great consternation of my wife. :-) Anyway, hopefully you're not still trying to find someone, but if you are, check out our website and give me a call or shoot me an e-mail. Best of luck in your search!

Geoff Wilson
The BBG Team
u2gw@hotmail.com
"Many toads have to be kissed to find the Prince."

Unless you have someone that can make a recommendation..and this can be chancy, we tell buyers to attend open houses to meet agents that are operating "in the trenches." By seeing how they interact with people, listen, field question, and share information can greatly assist you in determining a good match.

Open houses are good for any number of reasons....their purpose isn't always to sell a home.

Hello Cliff,
It doesn't sound like your agent is working for you in your best interests or just doesn't know the market well enough to be able to give you some valid answers to your questions.

If you don't know anyone in the area to get some referrals, then I suggest attending a few Public Open Houses in the neighborhoods that you prefer. That way you have the opportunity to meet some agents to consider working with and also tour some homes of possible interest.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Thanks Heather. We have not signed, and were feeling guilty for postponing signing with him after he took us to see some houses. Anyway, your feedback is highly valued and restores my faith in finding an agent who will work with and for us.
Cliff
Hello Cliff
First, hopefully you didn't sign a contract with the agent that is not being responsive and listening to your needs. If so make sure you read the contract to make sure what your bound by. As far as looking for a new agent, I would reach out to family and friends for a referral. That is a great source. Make sure you interview at least three agents so that you make the right decision based on your needs. I wish you the best of luck with your search. I hope you find a great agent that fits your every need.
Heather