Home Buying in Kissimmee>Question Details

Robyn, Home Buyer in 34741

How do I find a Realtor with a lot of FHA experience?

Asked by Robyn, 34741 Tue Oct 5, 2010

I've called and met with many Realtors claiming to have experience with purchasing homes through FHA. However, they keep showing me homes that would not pass ie: no kitchen, etc. I don't have a lot of time, and I need to put in an offer this month. I want to make sure that whatever home I do put an offer on will pass or any tricks I need to know make sure it does pass. Are there any questions I should be asking besides the obvious?

Answers

3
Hi Robyn,

There is also an FHA 203K S mortgage that will allow you to include non-structural repairs and still get an FHA mortgage. You could put on a new roof if needed and replace all of the flooring, put in new kitchen and bathroom cabinets, too. If you can do everything for less than $35k it is a streamlined 203K and Wells Fargo and Bank of America are doing these types of mortgages. I can recommend Wells Fargo.

All my best,
Alma
Hi Robyn,

All my best,
Alma
I think the best way to go about finding an experienced agent who knows about FHA is to browse homes in the market your searching for that are already FHA approved and see if the agent representing that property is worthy in helping you find your home and most important get in in ASAP,
Hope that helps
GOOD LUCK!