Home Buying in Mill Valley>Question Details

Patricia, Home Buyer in Mill Valley, CA

How do I find a Realtor to help me with foreclosures in the Mill Valley area?

Asked by Patricia, Mill Valley, CA Sun May 30, 2010

Hi Patricia,

You can get excellent deals buying at foreclosure, or buying a short sale, or buying a bank owned property, and now is the time, but you should also know that there are very significant differences between all three. They all have different advantages and pitfalls, and each transaction in itself, and the paperwork and process, will be different, depending on type of transaction and the lender involved. To buy "at foreclosure" you will most likely need all cash, for instance, while to buy a short sale may take many months for lender approval. My website, linked below, describes all these differences in detail for buyer reference.
We are able to search all Mill Valley properties to determine if they are pre-foreclosure or bank-owned. I would be very happy to walk you through the process, search properties for you, or answer any questions. Lisa
Hi Patricia,
We have experience helping buyers with foreclosures. One thing that is really important: if you find a home you like, and get an accepted offer, be very careful to read through the bank's Purchase Agreement Addendum. It is often a long, confusing document, but also changes the entire purchase agreement. You have to be very careful with these as they frequently change contingencies, timeframes, etc. Also, many buyers (and agents) think banks will not do repairs, lower prices, or give credits, but we have found that is simply not true. The banks want to get these properties off their books and you can sometimes get a fantastic deal on foreclosures... much more than short sales. We are in Mill Valley and would be happy to help you.
Web Reference: http://www.keyserhomes.com