Home Buying in Fort Wayne>Question Details

John, Renter in Fort Wayne, IN

How do I find Rent-to-Own Homes in Fort Wayne, IN?

Asked by John, Fort Wayne, IN Fri May 20, 2011

I am a newly graduated Software Engineer. My friend and I are looking for Rent-to-Own homes in Fort Wayne, IN. We are having problems actually locating creditable sites with Rent-to-Own homes. How do we go about actually finding an array of Rent-to-Own homes?

Answers

5
Leah Lengerich’s answer
I have several rent to own homes available now, with more coming in July. The homes range from 3-4 bedrooms, mostly in North, Northeast Fort Wayne. I have them advertised on Craigslist with the terms clearly stated. Feel free to contact me, 260-223-0091 or 260-760-7027 The homes I have come newly remodeled, nice with all appliances. The application is free and some terms are negotiable.
Im newly divorced and the ex has ruined my credit. I didnt want to rent and be left feeling that my money was being thrown away each month. I was hoping for a way to rebuild my credit. Im working on my bachelors in H/R management right now. Look forward to what help u may be apply to provide.
Here is the best way to find rent to own homes. 1. Find a home that you'd like to own, preferably, one that is for sale. 2. ask the owner if they would be interested in rent to own. Ask them their terms and come to an agreement. 3. Done. Move in.

Another way is to put in ad in the paper or on line. Craigslist.com or oodle.com might be some good on-line websites to find rent to own homes.
John,
Michael pretty well hit the nail on the head. You could go to my web site and search. I werk with a friend who has over 90 homes he hs rented over the past 40 years, he may have something he mighr consider rent to own??? Some time it's not just facts of what you know but networking as to who you know. I will be glad to put out some feelers for you, just let me know what you are looking for. Doug
That is a good question. Unfortunately, there aren't many good public sites for that kind of specific search. Even the local Fort Wayne MLS Public Site lacks in that regard. The best way I know to make that kind of search is to call a trusted REALTOR. They have additional tools available to them that make this kind of search possible.If you are not currently working with an agent, I would be happy to assist. Feel free to call me any time at 260-579-1516.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 21, 2011