Home Buying in Fort Collins>Question Details

marie, Home Buyer in Fort Collins, CO

How do I eliminate HOA homes for sale?

Asked by marie, Fort Collins, CO Mon Mar 10, 2014

Answers

7
A search of the local MLS can bring up homes that have no or low HOA's. You will find that most of the properties that have no HOA's are outside of the city limits or are in neighborhoods that were built in the 1970;s or before. A realtor can help you with this and find the home that you are looking for with a search on MLS. Sites like Trulia, Zillow and other homes search sites do not have this feature on their search lists.

I can set up a search for you that can find properties like this and it will send update’s to you when there are changes in the market with properties that have no HOA's

I would be happy to help you with this and with any other questions that you have about Real Estate.

Respectably

Wayne Folsom
Colo Real Estate Solutions.
970 980-8558
ColoRealEstateSolutions@gmail.com
I read and agree with the answers posted.
1) If you are searching for a Town Home or Condo, monthly HOA fees are typically quite high
2) If you are searching for an older home (1960-1970's), or in rural areas, HOA fees are typically smaller or there are none
3) Unless your software can request "No HOA Fees" or put a maximum monthly dollar amount on them, you're going to be stuck sifting through each house for sale.

My advice - Pick a Realtor and make life simple! In Colorado, the Seller pays for the buyer's agents commission, (Colorado wants both sides to have experienced representation)...so there's no advantage to "going it alone".

Best of Luck,

Andy Burnett
ERA Herman Group
970-488-9391
andy@aburnettrealty.com
Having a resource to help with HOA information and documents makes life easier for real estate agents. Recently, when selling a home in Ohio, Association Online provided me with all the HOA details for the listing, and then provided all the documents - by-laws, financial statements, covenants, etc. They made sure the package was complete, making my work easier. Their web site is well organized and very easy to use - http://www.associationonline.com . Call their team of experts – they are great to work with (970-226-1324).
Establish a relationship with a REALTOR and they can set you up with the latest information on what is available on the MLS. Doing this will provide you with a direct feed from our MLS system, with no third party systems that are often inaccurate, or already not available!
Find a Realtor who can set you up with a portal from the MLS and they can set you up with what you are looking for.
I have a home searching program/site that pulls directly from the MLS and one of the search functions allows you to only view properties with no HOA. If interested feel free to reach out to me and i can get you set up. ITS FREE
Not sure if they have a sort for that on this site, probably best way is a have a realtor check on the specific homes you have an interest in, do you have a realtor?

If you need assistance with the mortgage side of things feel free to reach out to me as we'd be happy to help. nnetherton@houseloan.com