Home Buying in Pineville>Question Details

Northerner47, Home Buyer in Pineville, LA

How do I determine which schools are "zoned" for each property listed?

Asked by Northerner47, Pineville, LA Sat Oct 31, 2009

For example, I want to buy a home that in in the feeder pattern for Barron Elementary in Pineville.

Here in Delaware that is standard info. included in all listings as it is very important to most families.

Answers

2
It is great that Delaware has this information included in all listings, however such information can become out-of-date very quickly as school zones seem to be in a state of flux constantly and the maps, if they exist at all, are oftentimes illegible and/or inaccurate.

I suggest you contact the Rapides Parish School Board to obtain information for Barron Elementary (an outstanding school, by the way). The specific individual that handles this question for the Parish is Kesha Allen - direct # 318-449-3151. The main school board # is 318-487-0888.

I am an agent with Keller Williams Realty Cenla Partners in their Alexandria, La office. This office serves 9 central Louisiana parishes, including the City of Pineville. I would love to assist and work with you in your search for a new home. My direct contact information is shown below:

Ed Stewart
Cell: (318) 201-3991
Email: edstewart@kw.com or edstewart410@suddenlink.net
I went to the Rapides Parish School Board website and their maps do not seem clear to me, so I would recommend calling the school (318-445-6860) and asking them for a reference or to mail you a map. For the very reason I just stated is why most agents do not list the schools on MLS. Good Luck! Let me know if you need an agent referral for the area...