Home Buying in Dorchester>Question Details

Jessica_beau…, Renter in Boston, MA

How do I determine how much to offer on a new contruction near Andrew's Sq?

Asked by Jessica_beauregard, Boston, MA Mon Oct 1, 2012

Answers

8
Look at some comparables that have recently sold in the immediate area and then compare them to what you want to offer and see where you are. On new construction please take into account upgrades! Good Luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
Pull all the sale statistics for the same location, building and surrounding streets. Figure out how much properties are selling at a % discount from list price. Put together a CMA/Valuation.

Hire an exclusive buyers agent (do not work with the agent listing the property) to help you. They can walk you through the entire process and gather all the above information and tell you what it's worth.

Territory.com
Boston's Premier Buyer Brokerage
Web Reference: http://territory.com
Hi Jessica,
You would greatly benefit yourself by hiring a real estate agent, even more if he/she is a Realtor as well.
Your agent helps you to develop a strategy to buy the appropriate property satisfactorily for you. When buying real estate, there is more to it than just how much to offer.
Good luck buying your dream home.
Jaime
Hi Jessica,

My answer will be similar to the others.

Best thing is to work with an experienced local agent who can provide you with all the necessary information regarding recent sales and give advice on how to proceed with your offer.

I have been working in the local Boston real estate market for over 15 years as a developer, investor and in Sales. I would be happy to bring those years of experience to the table to assist you.

You can reach me at 617-620-0669 or jamesfurlong20@gmail.com

Thanking You,

James
HI Jessica,

We recently built and sold multiple units in the Andrew Square area. I'd be happy to provide you with development and resale costs to help you make an informed decision.

Feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Matt.
Hi Jessica,

I would look at what has sold recently in the last 6 months and compare it to what your new property should be worth.

If I could help in any way please call or e-mail at anytime.

mario@blrboston.com
857-334-5827
Hi Jessica,

Other than using a buyers agent like myself, I would start with seeing what has sold in the neighborhood and try to determine a price per sq/ft for comparable properties. Take in consideration if some having parking versus those that don't, etc. I would also try to find out what has sold in the building that your interested in buying, try finding a value point that way.

I hope this helps or at least gets you started in the right direction.

Leland DiMeco
leland@bostongreenrealty.com
Hi Jessica,

To start find comparable recent sales, with similar room counts, living area, in similar complexes etc.. Look for recent sales in the building, then the street, then with a 1/2 mile.

Keep in mind inventory is extremely low, things are moving fast, and in that area selling at or above asking price.

I would suggest using a buyers agent who will help with an offer strategy.
Either Way, Good Luck - Andrew