Home Buying in Phoenix>Question Details

Laura, Real Estate Pro in Phoenix, AZ

How do I deal with a difficult realtor???

Asked by Laura, Phoenix, AZ Thu May 14, 2009

I am having a lot of trouble with the listing realtor for a property I like. I drove by the property & looked around, & it looks like a property I might like to buy. I called the listing realtor & she has been a nightmare. First it took her days to call me back. When she did, we set up an appointment to look at the inside. I set this appt 4 days in advance & 1/2 hour before I was supposed to leave to meet her (9am), she called & said she couldn't make it. She asked if we could move the appt to 5:30 pm & I reluctantly agreed. Well, I got there just before 5:30 & waited an hour for her. She never showed up & never called. I tried to call her several times, but her mail box was already full. So I paged her 5 times & left both my cell # & my home # for her. She never returned the page. I called the next day & her messages had been cleared, so I left a message asking what happened. She still has not returned my phone call. It has been 2 days since my last message.

What do I do?

Answers

79
Victor, You have talked about slander a lot in your posts, but what you are doing to Vicky right now is the REAL THING. As I said before, I don't know her. To make it perfectly clear to you, I have never met her, I've never talked to her, I've never even had e-mails from her. Up until now, the things you have said to me, I just thought of as your warped view on things. What you are saying about Vicky is serious. It is outright slander. Don't be surprised if they ban you from Trulia, or possibly worse....

I'm not even going to address your rant. Vicky has already tried to put a stop to it, & you won't even listen to her. I, on the other hand, am going to respect it.

You need serious help. Just so you know, I also have copies of everything & can prove what I have said & what I haven't said...There's no need to go into it with you again, it's obvious that nothing is sinking in....
The first thing I would do, is to get your new agent's managing broker involved. Have her contact the broker husband... broker to broker... that may help.

If not, It may be time to have your new agent threaten this agent and her broker husband, with a complaint to whomever the governing body is in Arizona.

ie: "My client has been attempting to view this property for the last week and a half. If you don't get us inside today, we will be advising the Arizona Office of Banks and Real Estate (or whoever it really is), and the bank that you are standing in the way of a potential sale".

Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
Laura if the broker is the owner of the brokerage, and the listing agent is married to them, possibly they originally wanted to buy the home, but the homeowner didn’t agree with their price or the potential agent-buyers didn’t even make their desire known till later. Now that it’s listed and there have been offers, the agent makes and offer and the owner knows it’s fair market. The owner can elect to sell to whomever he wants. Is this illegal or immoral? Don’t think so.

I listed a house recently. When I took the listing I thought of buying it myself, but thought they would never sell for the number I had in mind. Now, 8 mos later, it’s selling for about 40,000 LESS than the number I had in mind. I’m sure were I to have approached the owner during negotiations and offered them more I would be in contract now instead of the buyer. “Lucky” (or not) for the buyer, I had the house listed long enough to realize it was more work than I wanted to do.
You just keep digging yourself in deeper, don't you.....I don't know Vicky, LOL.
Thank you Vicky. From my notifications, I can see that you deleted 2 posts. I have no idea what they said, but I'm glad they're gone. I hope that's the end of it.

Thanks again,
Laura
Hi Steve,
I just saw that you posted while I was writing my reply.
I'm so happy to see that someone has the courage to post here with Victor harassing everyone!

It has also crossed my mind how ironic this is!

Thanks for the advice. My agent has contacted the owner to tell him we are having trouble with the listing agent. Unfortunately, I think, since there is a record of a side deal between the owner & the broker, that it will fall on deaf ears. We'll see. I will continue to post updates. Just trying to get rid of Victor first.....
continued (page 3 of 3) - Please start at page 1

VICTORS COMMENT:
"I also never said I wouldn't accept or answer any emails from you (another lie)"

THE TRUTH:
Yes you did. You told Patrick at one pointe that you were going to stop the notifications from my question page. That is why I said at the end of my post on Aug 3rd, when I was trying to smooth things over, "I hope you decide to continue to stick around & get notifications from my thread." I ONLY said that because you said you were going to discontinue notifications & I was trying to be nice.

Also, in one of your posts that was replying to me when I asked you not to post on my question page anymore. You ended it by saying that if no one said anything that would "provoke" you, you would no longer post. I purposely did not reply, even though there were many harassing & untrue things in your post, because I thought it was worth it if it would just get you to go away..... That is why I said you did not keep your word. You took ADVANTAGE of the fact that no one responded & posted yet another nasty post. Even though no one had "provoked" you. That shows very bad character.

******************
VICTORS COMMENT:
"You seem to be angry because trulia owns this blog and others will "chime in" and comment"

MY COMMENT:
Nope, I'm not mad at all about other people commenting on my question page if it's about the actual subject. That's the whole point of creating this question page. I just don't like you on here causing problems. (Have you even noticed that people have stopped commenting on my house since you started all this?)
The only time I said that I did not want others to "chime in", was when you posted that nasty post about Patrick & then invited others to "chime in" & comment on your argument with him. This is NOT the place for you to open up a discussion on your argument with Patrick. I opened this discussion to talk about buying a home.

ARE WE DONE HERE? OR ARE YOU GOING TO CONTINUE TO HOLD MY QUESTION PAGE HOSTAGE? CAN I NOW GET BACK TO MY ORIGINAL SUBJECT?
continued (page 2 of 3)

VICTORS COMMENT:
" You said the husband of your agent was also the broker and the person that made the other offer being the reason why your were unable to get into the house to see it"
"(Now your changing your story saying that was not the case? The proof to the contrary is attached) "

THE TRUTH:
The LISTING AGENT is the one married to the broker that is trying to buy the house. Get it now? You have been corrected on this fact several times now. I don't know how else to say it. You started this whole argument because Patrick corrected you on that fact. When someone tells you you are misunderstanding something, any NORMAL person would go back & look at the original posts to be sure they have all the facts straight. But not you! Your ignorance is what started this whole thing.

I NEVER said that MY agent was married to the broker that is trying to buy the house. This whole thing never would have happened if you weren't so stubborn. All you had to do, when Patrick originally (& nicely) corrected you, was to go back & actually read the whole conversation, or at the very least my posts & updates, & you would not be making a fool out of yourself right now. Instead, you started an argument with Patrick, & now with me when I stepped in to ask you to stop arguing, or to take it somewhere else.

(*** Ok now, I suggest you go back & read this section again, & let it sink in..... Then come back & read it yet one more time when you're done before you decide whether or not to continue posting on my page ***)

*****************
VICTORS COMMENT:
"Actually the trulia rep told me they have dealt with the other agent in confrontation issues before and spoke to him on the phone noting he sounded like a pretty nice guy. The point being he does get into arguments like me ;-)~ "

THE FACTS:
What I said was "He does not get in arguments like you do....", & he doesn't. I looked at the 1st 3 pgs of each of your profiles. I did not see any arguments on his. That doesn't mean that he has never ever gotten in an argument, it just means he doesn't argue as much as you do. You on the other hand, from what I saw on your profile, seemed to get in an argument with just about everyone.

I actually think you like to argue, seeing as you get in so many arguments. I think that is the only way someone like you can get anyone to pay attention to you.

*****************
VICTORS COMMENT:
"Now your outright lying about me and the Trulia rep told me to ignore it and the problem will go away but that's not very helpful if she leaves your comment posted but deletes mine."

MY COMMENT:
I think it's kinda funny that you claim you are not getting mad or arguing, yet you tried to file a complaint against me, LOL. That's a bit contradictory, don't you think?
You should get a clue about the fact that Trulia deleted yours, but left mine. Doesn't that tell you something?

Here's another quote from you in case you try & claim that you never said you weren't getting mad....
"I don't argue, don't even consider this an argument actually. You may be pretty charged up but my blood pressure is pretty low and I'm pretty calm."

**********************
VICTORS COMMENT:
"I only got an emaill threat from the other agent which then posted it here for all to see and then you began you tirade saying I was attacking him!"

MY COMMENT:
That was the post you made right after my Aug 3rd post. As anyone can see, I nicely asked both of you to stop arguing & take it somewhere else. Patrick honored that & sent you a private e-mail. You, on the other hand, continued to post taunting & harassing things to Patrick, & on top of that, copied & pasted his private e-mail to you, & posted it on my page! Bringing the argument back to my home buying page! Anybody in their right mind would get mad about that.

Oops, ran out of room again....
(1 of 2 pages)

Wow Victor, You either live in your own little fantasy world, or you are just flat out lying to save face. Either way, it is a scary thought to think that someone like you is walking around out there.

I'm not one to just go around making up things. So lets go over all your comments & accusations in your post & I'll support each one of them with facts. I'm going to go through & quote you, so you can't go back & deny everything again. Shall we?

Here we go:

VICTORS COMMENT:
"I'm not mad and I don't take anything said on Trulia from people like you personally. I was just talking shop"

MY COMMENT:
You should be taking this personally. If not, you are even more dense than I already think you are. This is not just us having a difference of opinion on a subject. You have not just been on here "talking shop". You have been rude & arrogant & have spent most of your time on my question page taunting & harassing both Patrick & me. If you were just "talking shop", Trulia would not have stepped in & deleted your posts. Give me a break. I think you are an unprofessional, aggressive man, that is to stubborn to admit that you're wrong.

Your sense of self would be funny if it was not so disturbing...

********************

VICTORS COMMENT:
"Here is the scenario break down of events: I offer advice, Another agent says I'm wrong or tries to make disparaging comments like a school yard bully to make themselves look like the hero. I retaliate with the truth in defense and the childish games are on."

REALITY:
Your advice was way off base. You advised me to fire my realtor because you assumed she was married to the broker. Which was not the case. Patrick politely corrected you, your ego couldn't take it, & you started an argument with him.

*********
VICTORS ACCUSATION:
"give it a break "Peace Keeper", "Trying to smooth things over" lol... that's a good one. lol...
Anyone can see from your most recent post trying to rekindle a fire as proof that is not the case. "

THE TRUTH:
I never called myself the "Peace Keeper", putting it in quotes implies that I said that. Which is just you exaggerating (aka lying)
What I did say was, "I regret inviting you to stay in the conversation. I was just trying to be nice & smooth things over." If you look at my post on Aug 3rd, you will see that that's true. I was trying to smooth things over & end the argument. Asking you nicely & trying to smooth things over obviously didn't work. You are still here causing trouble. So, ever since then, I have not continued to try & smooth things over, I have just tried to get you to stop posting on my question page. I'm done being nice with you, being nice didn't work. Nobody is just going to grin & bear it for a long period of time while you rant & rave. You have clearly shown that you can not control yourself.

With your attitude, I am not surprised at all that you couldn't even get one person to say something nice about you on your profile. The only testimonial on your profile is one that YOU wrote about yourself, LOL. How pathetic.

As for you saying that I am trying to "rekindle a fire", I am assuming you are talking about the fact that I told you to start your own page on your argument with Patrick... I said that because you are using my question page about my home to continue to taunt & harass Patrick & you have refused to stop. It was just a suggestion to get you to GO AWAY. I did not need to rekindle anything. There's no need to rekindle a blazing fire. You have harassed him non stop.

****************
VICTORS ACCUSATION:
"he was decent enough to let things go after I made the post showing everyone the threatening email he sent me in private which became the point that you began chiming in and attacking me. I found that odd as I'm sure others do"

REALITY:
First of all, Patrick did not stop because you posted his private e-mail. He stopped long before that when I asked him to on Aug 3.

Second, I didn't just all of a sudden get mad for no reason. Maybe if you actually listened to what people are saying to you, you wouldn't be so surprised when they get fed up with you.
I wrote a very nice post that flattered you & asked you nicely to take your argument somewhere else. You replied with an apology to me, & then immediately started in on Patrick again. That's when I started to get fed up with you, & asked you not to post on my page anymore.

*****************
VICTORS COMMENT:
"I told you to get rid of your buyers agent, (So did Patrick)"

THE TRUTH:
Patrick NEVER told me to get rid of my buyers agent. He has kept up with all the posts & knows what's going on. He actually corrected you when you told me to get rid of her. You are the ONLY clueless one that has said to get rid of my buyers agent.

To be continued, (ran out room)
After reading this thread, It is easy to say you or your buyers agent should file a complaint with the ADRE.

It will probably get you nowhere, and be a waste of your time, however this "REALTOR" does need a house dropped on her.

If I were you I would be livid, and I don`t get livid.

Sorry, you probably wont get this home. I bet there is already a done deal, just not approved by the bank.

I admit that is not fair of me to say, I maybe wrong, just experience talking.

It could be a good thing you don`t get this home. Hopefully and most probably you will find a better home and a better deal.

This market is not going anywhere. There is more inventory on its way.

Good Luck

Patrick

Oh...Listing agent saying there was a break in....PRICELESS
Web Reference: http://www.AZRE.TV
Mr.P, Other/Just Looking in Arizona
I would highly suggest that you work with a buyer's agent to will represent your best interests. I would also speak with the broker of the listing agent and explain the service (or lack thereof) that you have received.

I'm sorry to hear you were treated this way. There are many agents who take on too much or do not have a professional way of handling business and unfortunately it sounds like you got caught in the middle.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 12, 2009
All,

This is vicky from trulia. Thank you all for your replies to this thread. I see that some of them are not necessarily on topic. I suggest we all set aside personal differences, respect different opinions and most importantly respect Laura's request to focus on the original subject.

thank you
vicky
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 10, 2009
You can bypass the listing agent by choosing a trusted "Buyer's Agent". Being you have not seen the property yet, you still have time. If you still want to persist with the listing agent, escalate your dissatisfaction to the office manager or broker. Perhaps someone else in that office can help you. Occasionally, you get less attention when an offer is pending or some issue exist which will prevent you from buying the property (this may be the source of the agent's reluctance). You could also drop a dime on the agent and contact the owner driectly via mail or a knock on the door. Be aggressive.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 9, 2009
I like Victor's answers much better.
I guess there's listing drama everywhere.

One thing I was told by another agent (not from my office), was that agents like that don't last long in this profession.
But, they sure put a dent in your day when they are still licensed.
=/

Jes Sierra, B.Sc., Realtor®

http://www.hellomynameisjes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 4, 2009
Ok, That's enough. It's one thing to have a disagreement, but you guys have taken this to far. If you want to continue arguing, please do it privately & not on this thread.

I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read a problem of a perfect stranger & goes out of their way to answer with support & advice without asking for anything in return. The way I see it, BOTH of you have been helpful, you just have different ways of going about it.

Patrick, you have a practical, tell it like it is way about you. You make sure to give all the facts so that I know where I stand & I'm not surprised by anything. I appreciate that, knowledge is power. You make sure I don't get my hopes up on something that might not happen. You have been very helpful & detailed in answering many of my questions & have helped me to better understand the process. You have been with me from the start & have showed honest concern for how things turn out.

Victor, You seem to be a man who fights for truth, justice & the american way. Holding people accountable for their actions. Going by the saying that "evil thrives where good men do nothing". You have been very positive & supportive to me in this real estate drama. I really appreciate the encouragement you have given me to not put up with it & to file a complaint. I hope you decide to continue to stick around & get notifications from my thread. This whole ordeal has been frustrating & hard & I need all the support I can get.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 3, 2009
Thought I'd log in & update. The BPO was just done on the home. So hopefully that means I will get an answer soon. I put in a higher cash offer, & now I hear that one of the people who put in an offer, is now trying to come up with cash. They must have heard about my offer....

While I was able to see the main home, they still have not allowed me to see the guest house.

Still looking at other homes, but haven't found any that I like better than this one. My agent just told me that the house across the street will be on the market soon. It is a better home, so I will be interested to see what the asking price will be. Believe it or not, it is going to be listed by this same horrible realtor!

Rodney & Victor, I realize that I have had a lot of answers to my question, & that it takes a lot of time to read all the answers. So to catch you up, I do have a buyers agent & the listing agents broker is her husband. My realtor found out that the broker has a side deal with the seller to buy the house.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 1, 2009
Hey Laura,

"Does a short sale always go to auction before being foreclosed on? "

The trustee auction is part of the foreclosure process it is the end.

Don't pay mortgage = being foreclosed, When the home is in foreclosure, a Trustee sale"auction" will be set for the court steps. At the auction the opening bid is how much the bank is owed. The bank may have loaned 200K in 2005 for this home which is only worth 100K in 2009, no one in their right mind is going to pay the minimum bid, so the bank gets the home back as an REO (aka) Bank Owned Home.

The short sale is mostly done to get the current owner out, without having to be foreclosed on.
The current owner will avoid having a foreclosure on their credit.
Of course if they can`t afford the home, is another reason to Short sale.

Currently if you have a BK on your credit it has to be at least 2 years old to get another Mortgage
However if you have a Foreclosure, it may take up to 7 years to get another Mortgage.

Patrick
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 8, 2009
Mr.P, Other/Just Looking in Arizona
Hold up Goat,

I respect you.

I do, You have some good points, Charts & opinions.

I am sure that you have been lied to by a Realtor or three. We have all been lied to, it`s kind of funny when you catch someone telling a lie, especially a professional adult, even better when you can use it to your advantage.

More importantly, I think you are doing yourself a disservice to limit yourself to only FSBO. They really only make up less then than10% of the market in a Sellers market.

In addition think of all of the fun you are missing out on. Being able to personally verbally abuse all of those Realtors.

I think you are cutting yourself short, not living your life to it`s full potential, and enjoyment.

Good Luck
Patrick
Web Reference: http://www.AZRE.TV
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 28, 2009
Mr.P, Other/Just Looking in Arizona
Would filing a complaint help or hurt?

At this point in the post, I could only say that question should be answered by your buyers agent. Your buyers agent is at ground zero with you, has all the details, and knows the ADRE rules.

I will go a little further here.....only my advice.

In the last 24 hours mortgage rates have jumped, and the news media is running with "it`s a hot market".
"multiple offers" "you can`t build it for this price"
A lot of Hype.
Who knows? Personally I don`t think this market is going anywhere, I am quite sure the banks are manipulating the inventory. Just my opinion.

So what`s my point?
You have probably done all you can do to get this home. Put the home out of your mind. Look to see what else is available, start working on plan "B". I would hate for you to be so focused on one home, and miss 3 others.
Yes I know, this is the perfect one, just keep your options open. Yes you`ve said your heart won`t be broken, this is good.
As far as I know, you have not been inside the home. What if it is "trashed" or there is a huge crack in the foundation? Doesn`t pass inspection? What about the Break in? ( sick sense of humor, I get such a kick out of the LA saying do not disturb the crime scene...Like "Please do not disturb Owner")
Again keep your options open, keep looking.

Keep me informed, I would really like to know the ending.

Good Luck
Patrick
P.S. Stay in touch with your Mortgage Broker.
Web Reference: http://www.AZRE.TV
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 28, 2009
Mr.P, Other/Just Looking in Arizona
Oh, I didn't mean to come off sounding like I was mad at what you said Patrick. I just wanted to know why you said that because it doesn't make sense to me that there is already a done deal. You'd have to be a really dim bulb to keep making appts on a house that is already sold. Of course, the world is full of all kinds.....

I am very grateful that I have gotten such a large response to my question. I want to hear what everyone has to say, good or bad. I have only bought 1 other house in my life, & it was a breeze. I answered the listing agents ad, he showed me the house, we signed papers & I had the keys in less than 2 weeks. It was all very fast & easy.

I do want this home, it is the first home that I have found that has almost everything I want. I do not have my heart set on it though. I realize that putting an offer in is a bit of a gamble, I just want a fair shot at it & I don't feel like I'm getting that.

I am not so sure that I am in good hands with my buyers agent either. She has some good points, but is not completely on the ball. Even after I told her that I would be needing a agent to sell my current home & that I plan on using my profit from the sale to buy up investment properties.
For example, when signing my offer contract, she made me sign off that I got a lead report, which I didn't. She insisted that she e-mailed it to me, so I signed. But when I checked my e-mail, there was no lead report. I e-mailed her & told her that, but she still has not given it to me. Other things like, we had talked about her not just faxing my offer to the office, because I wanted it to go to the broker & not end up with the crazy listing agent. There are 2 brokers there, & my agent said it would be no problem to drive over there & hand it to the broker that is not the LA husband. After my agent talked w/the LA husband/broker, she said that she felt better & that she doesn't feel like anything bad is going on. I told her at that time that I still had a bad feeling about this whole thing & that I still wanted her to personally hand it to the broker that was not the LA husband. My agent agreed. I found out yesterday that all she did was fax it over.

On top of that, she was supposed to call the police & get the details of the break-in report (remember, this is the latest excuse as to why we are not allowed to see the inside of the house, because they are waiting for the cops to dust for fingerprints). All she did was talk to one of her retired friends that was a cop & got a general answer that the police always take fingerprints the day of the report. So I called the police dept & found out that there was never a report made. So therefor the police would not be going out to take fingerprints. Which means both th LA & her broker husband lied about the whole thing.
After I told my agent that there was never a report, she said she would try & contact the owner of the home.

After catching them in yet another lie, I am thinking about making a complaint now & not waiting till this is over. There is obviously something going on & they continue to give me the run around. I am at the mercy of this LA. I'm thinking if I file a complaint, that it would send a clear message that I will not put up w/this. On top of that, if she is trying to get this home for herself (maybe putting it the name of one of her friends), then there would be a record of her getting in the way of the sale. What do you guys think? Would filing a complaint help or hurt?

P.S. Dunes, Thank you so much for the links!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 26, 2009
Laura
I did say " I admit that is not fair of me to say, I maybe wrong, just experience talking."
I was under the impression the home in question is Bank Owned.......My Bad.

Obviously you want this home, I really hope you get it.

Now that you have said that the home is a short sale, and knowing the Listing Agent you have been dealing with.
I am afraid things have gone from bad to worse. This listing agent can`t even schedule a showing, there is no way she can handle a short sale.

Which may be your sliver lining. When the Bank forecloses on the home there is a good chance another Listing Agent will pick it up, and you may end up with a better purchase price, and much quicker close.

This is just my opinion, I am sure your in good hands with your buyers agent and they will take good care of you.

Good Luck
Patrick
Web Reference: http://www.AZRE.TV
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 25, 2009
Mr.P, Other/Just Looking in Arizona
Laura they are referring to .... http://www.re.state.az.us/ ... and this is where you would file the complaint.

http://www.re.state.az.us/INV/INV.html

You can check here for the agents/brokers license information and see if any disciplinary action has been taken against them in the past..... http://159.87.254.2/publicdatabase/

Evidently in Arizona there are so many buyers that you can keep them waiting.

I hope things go smoother for you, Dunes
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 25, 2009
Ok, so the drama continues. I contacted another realtor to represent me & show me the house. My realtor called the crazy listing agent to get the info to show me the house. The L.A. told my agent that there was no lockbox on the home & that she had the only key. So she had to let us in & she could not do that till 6pm (it was 9am at that time). When my agent told me this, I told her about all the problems that I had w/this agent & to call her back & tell her we would pick up the key. Then she told my agent that there was no key & that she had to get one made, she also insisted that she has to be there when my agent shows me the house & she could no longer be there to show it at 6pm. When my agent told me this, we both decided to go to the house & see if there was a lockbox. Sure enough, when we got there, there was a lockbox on the front door that needed a code to get in. My agent called this crazy lady & demanded the code. The listing agent refused to give it to my agent. Then she claimed there was a break-in & they could not disturb the scene till the police took fingerprints. We called the police & they said that fingerprints would have been taken the same day they came out to take the report.
I have been trying to see this home since May 11th. I have put in an offer on the house w/ a contingency that I like the inside. I have my doubts as to wether the owner of the home will ever even see my offer. My agent called to complain to the broker, but it turns out he is her husband. My agent said that the broker said that she has only been an agent since the end of 2008 & apologized for her, but we have caught her in many lies & being fairly new does not explain why she is lying.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 25, 2009
Laura, the answer to this question is simply. YOU DONT DEAL WITH A DIFFICULT REALTOR. If you have signed a binding agreement to work this agent, He or She owes you her loyalty, time and attention. From what you have written above, you have sound reason to be released from your signed agreement. Talk to the owner/broker. If you have not signed anything except a disclosure which is NOT A CONTRACT run as fast as you can to another realtor......
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 15, 2009
"That is a good point. I'm assuming all foreclosures went through a short sale first. During a short sale isn't the original owner involved? So she could have learned about the house from the original owner .... "

Not all foreclosed homes have gone through a short sale process. Many do not. It's up to the homeowner to decide if they want to try a short sale or not before a trustee sale. And even if it did go through a short sale attempt, it's very likely that the short sale listing agent will not be the same agent for the bank listing when the bank puts it on the market.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 15, 2009
It is always a good idea to use a realtor that will represent you as the buyer. Using a buyers rep, that works for you the buyer, will work to negociate the best price and look out for your best interest as the buyer. In most cases the listing agent works for the sellers and your representation will be limited. I recommend that you find a realtor either from a diffent company or the same company that will work for you and meet your expectation. It is OK to interview several different realtors to find one you like and trust.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 15, 2009
Laura said "The reason I like to go w/the listing agent is because they know all about the house."

Keep in mind this is a bank owned home, sold "as-is". This is not the same as an owner that has lived in the home and knows it's history and potential issues. The bank disavows all knowledge of the home, and therefore as their agent, the listing agent has no non-public knowledge of the home she can give you. Any buyer agent probably knows as much or more than the listing agent about the home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 15, 2009
seriously, get an agent. I'm in the process of buying a house and I was just telling a friend that there's a lot of drama and the selling agent is upset about something or another all the time, but if you have an agent and a real estate attorney, you don't have to deal with it. Let them argue among themselves and you can do what you need to buy the house you want. And I assume there's a lockbox on the house, then your agent can show you the place without the selling agent even there.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 14, 2009
Call another realtor, you don't have to deal with the listing agent when shopping to buy a house. Another buyers agent may be able to show you around.
http://gfacebook.in
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Hi Laura,

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. If you are still in need of assistance...My husband is a Real Estate Attorney and an Agent...best of both worlds. Please feel free to contact him if you are still having problems. 480-612-5887 or e-mail donniecoats@coatslaw.net
Laura, your answer is an EXPERIENCED, FULL-TIME, and GOOD buyers agent. Let your agent do the scheduling, calling and making showing arrangments for you. We also have more information regarding availability, showing instructions, etc of properties and can gain you access. In Arizona, the buyers agent is a service that is paid for by the seller. It's such a good deal for you because you get your very own agent at seller's expense. BTW, if anyones VM is full and you can't leave a message, I would bet they are not timely in returning phone calls or checking their messages. Can you say customer service is a priority to them? Probably not. Are you aware that if this listing agent showed you the house that she could become the person negotiating your contract, representing your interest, your point of contact for the entire transaction, etc? Consider yourself lucky she didn't show the home to you, because now you can go and get your own GREAT real estate agent and be better represented.
things happen! wev'e all been through it. but when things continue to happen its time to look somewhere else!
Sure Laura, Vicky may be just being nice to you but nothing I've said is slanderous, that's just kookie..

You're asking her to ban me for answering your misguided rants about me when she allows them to go unchecked yet allows your posts to remain and tells me you're just responding to me.

Hmm... I may be wrong but that seems like a little bit of favoritism to me and I've told her that as well.
I never said you met her, I just said you seem to be friends.

I'd gladly remove all my posts from this thread if all your slanderous comments towards me were removed as well.

Your right nothing is sinking in.... I've tried to be nice to you and call a truce to calm you and diffuse your rage however that seems impossible. Nothing but huge attacks after that but you call me the attacker. Funny! Really

I see you're now using the lines I've written about you that have been deleted against me now.
To mirror your behavior, NO... YOUR the one that needs to seek help.

Your crew is funny giving you thumbs up, how transparent, for what ranting? lol... How funny...

"I'm not even going to address your rant. Vicky has already tried to put a stop to it, & you won't even listen to her. I, on the other hand, am going to respect it. "

Yeah I can see, respect it with another response! He..he..he... Hilarious!

Getting back on topic, How's your real estate search going? Get that house?
Excerpt from email Vicky from Trulia sent me:
I saw Laura’s response and I was quite surprised too.

Victor:
I wonder why she would be surprised by anything you wrote if she didn't know you
==================================================================================
Laura's version
THE TRUTH:

Victor: actually you said
"You have been very positive & supportive to me in this real estate drama. I really appreciate the encouragement you have given me to not put up with it & to file a complaint. I hope you decide to continue to stick around & get notifications from my thread. This whole ordeal has been frustrating & hard & I need all the support I can get." "

Yeah, that really sounds like you were trying to get rid of me, NOT!!! You only got negative after I posted patricks email here so stop lying about that.

How's the house hunt by the way ;-D
Laura:
I purposely did not reply, even though there were many harassing & untrue things in your post, because I thought it was worth it if it would just get you to go away..... That is why I said you did not keep your word. You took ADVANTAGE of the fact that no one responded & posted yet another nasty post. Even though no one had "provoked" you. That shows very bad character.

Victor:
Once again you lie, your many page posts were in direct response to that post so who's the liar now posting all the harassing and untrue things? I'd say you provoked me and have shown very bad character. My last post called for a truce but your bad character couldn't let it go.
FYI: I did make another pdf of that conversation if you'd like me to repost what's been deleted. ;-D~

This is getting redundant and I'm getting so bored of you and your many page posts are including excerpts of my one post that was deleted so people can get the picture. You get my posts deleted so you can pick and choose which lines you want to quote and then put them in your own made up scenario.

Thanks to all your posts about me, you squashed out any interest in your own thread making it pointless for anyone to reply. haha.... Happy house hunting, the other one is good as gone by now and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person ;-)

Hope the distraction was entertaining tho!
Laura:
THE TRUTH:

Victor:
No but you said you were trying to keep the peach aka peace keeper, duh!
Laura:
If you think other people want to weigh in on your argument, open up a new question about your argument with Patrick. I don't want it here, & I made that perfectly clear.

Victor:
That is obvious, especially with your own private editor on trulia staff not allowing my answers to remain posted.

Oh, I suppose this post below by Laura would also apply to my answer above, once again I can see why mine was the one edited.

Laura:
Yes Victor, Trulia did censor your argument with Patrick, your harassing post to me & also my post where I said I would file a complaint against you. I don't know what you're bragging about. It was your post that they censored.

Victor:
Laura says how she repeatedly told me to go away and was only being nice to me and had trouble thinking of something nice to say about me. Could have fooled me with that answer

Laura's answer:
"Victor, You seem to be a man who fights for truth, justice & the american way. Holding people accountable for their actions. Going by the saying that "evil thrives where good men do nothing". You have been very positive & supportive to me in this real estate drama. I really appreciate the encouragement you have given me to not put up with it & to file a complaint. I hope you decide to continue to stick around & get notifications from my thread. This whole ordeal has been frustrating & hard & I need all the support I can get."
Victor
Laura and Steve are kindred spirits, Steve represents himself as a real estate broker when he is not. That would make him a liar in my book. This is also a violation of just about every state's law just as if he was offering legal advice saying he was an attorney but wasn't. Steve says he does this to get under the skin of realtors to expose them as not liking people that talk negative about the real estate market. Um... No, we just dislike people who lie and misrepresent themselves to further their agenda by deception.

Laura:
"Hi Steve,
I'm so happy to see that someone has the courage to post here with Victor harassing everyone! "

Laura's COMMENT:

Victor: Yes it tells me you have a friend at Trulia, lol... and that is a fact or do I have to start posting emails vicky from trulia sent me.

Laura:

Victor: Um... so what's your point, the entire sentence was my saying I didn't consider that conversation an argument and pointed out my blood pressure was low while yours seems to be skyrocketing. lol...
Yeah, do you here that Laura you've been getting off topic!

Your excessive attacks really do need to stop already, asking vicky to address the issue does no good with the selective editing of posts allowing your OCD rantings to go unchecked being friends with her and all. If I known that I would have waited until Emily got back from vacation to review this thread a little more objectively.

If my answers keep getting deleted, how am I suppose to address Laura's remarks. I'll keep replying and your friend can keep deleting my replies and you can keep up the lying rants. So much for truth on trulia, so much for objective points of view or answers at least in this thread.

Just so everyone that reads this knows, that is why Laura hasn't had any replies to her long repetitive posts.

Before the last chain of posts Vicky from trulia wrote me saying:
"I understand the frustration that Laura’s comment can cause. I also saw that you already replied to it.
I think that from Laura’s perspective she just wants this dispute to end. That is why she left this comment. Hopefully your comment will be the last one on this thread."

Needless to say it was not, and laura ensued her dissertation style rantings as she is allowed to post whatever she wishes while any reply will be deleted. So much for free speech.

Now I understand why Laura isn't going to get the house she wanted, if I were the listing agent or owner I wouldn't want her in my house either. ;-D

Happy house hunting...

PS. Notice, no name calling so there is no reason to delete this post.
Laura...Laura...Laura... What's with the wild rant and false accusations?

There was no big argument, not from me. I'm not mad and I don't take anything said on Trulia from people like you personally. I was just talking shop and tried to offer some good advice and direction from personal experience.

Here is the scenario break down of events:

I offer advice

Another agent says I'm wrong or tries to make disparaging comments like a school yard bully to make themselves look like the hero

I retaliate with the truth in defense and the childish games are on. At that point I realize there is no reasoning with people like that or any useful dialog that can result. So me getting mad and arguing about others smart alec remarks is just silly. Think about it for a sec.

I never argued with you, that's just a lie I've attached proof in the attached pdf for anyone that cares.

Your wild accusations and ranting are nothing more than an annoying nuisance to me so give it a break "Peace Keeper", "Trying to smooth things over" lol... that's a good one. lol...

Anyone can see from your most recent post trying to rekindle a fire as proof that is not the case.

I've done nothing but provide useful guidance and tried to get another local agent to provide more useful instructions on how to resolve your issue by providing more detailed local instructions telling where, how and whom to make your complaint to. The local agent jumped down my throat saying that because I'm from NJ basically had no clue how "AZ was the Wild West of real estate" and somehow different from the rest of the country on ethical and legal misconduct. Needless to say I didn't agree and the rest is history.

I really don't want to pull Patrick back into this you seem to be doing that, he was decent enough to let things go after I made the post showing everyone the threatening email he sent me in private which became the point that you began chiming in and attacking me. I found that odd as I'm sure others do.

I told you to get rid of your buyers agent, (So did Patrick) You said the husband of your agent was also the broker and the person that made the other offer being the reason why your were unable to get into the house to see it let alone make an offer to be presented. I may have been crazy to think that sounds like a pretty good reason to get another agent but I'm wacky like that at times.
(Now your changing your story saying that was not the case? The proof to the contrary is attached)

Actually the trulia rep told me they have dealt with the other agent in confrontation issues before and spoke to him on the phone noting he sounded like a pretty nice guy. The point being he does get into arguments like me ;-)~

Now your outright lying about me and the Trulia rep told me to ignore it and the problem will go away but that's not very helpful if she leaves your comment posted but deletes mine. I don't think so... If your going to lie about me and make slanderous remarks I'll reply.

I also never said I wouldn't accept or answer any emails from you (another lie), I only got an emaill threat from the other agent which then posted it here for all to see and then you began you tirade saying I was attacking him! Now you know that's just CRAZY talk.

I don't argue, don't even consider this an argument actually. You may be pretty charged up but my blood pressure is pretty low and I'm pretty calm.

I'm an objective person and a businessman, I'm a broker owner in the business for years and don't take things like this personal. You can yell, rant and make up all the stuff you want, I'll laugh at ya and get a good nights sleep being the happy go lucky guy I am. If you don't like it too bad.

You seem to be angry because trulia owns this blog and others will "chime in" and comment on this live document called a blog which you have no control over. If you want to control who speaks and when on a live blog, get your own hosting and start your own blog. Trulia moderators can edit, delete and ban but free speech and truth can't be stamped out.

By you repeatedly saying that I should fire my buyers agent, it is obvious that you have not read the whole conversation & are misunderstanding part of the story. Otherwise I don't understand why you would keep saying that I should get rid of my buyers agent. My realtor has nothing to do with the listing agent or the broker that is trying to do a side deal to buy the house. She has even gotten in quite a few arguments with them while trying to get me in to see the inside of the home. She has never met either of them before. She is actually the one who went over & beyond her call of duty & did the research & found out about the side deal, & brought it to my attention. My realtor has been wonderful.
Going on partial info doesn't show you to be a very good business man. Maybe you should get all the info before you go off half cocked. I looked at your profile & was surprised that you claim on it that you listen to what people are saying instead of assuming, yet that is exactly opposite of what you did here on my question page.

I can also see from your profile that you argue with a lot of people, so I'm not that surprised that you are now arguing with me. I asked you nicely to take the argument with Patrick somewhere else & made it so both you & Patrick could bow out gracefully (& to be honest, I had a really hard time trying to think of nice things about you). I only stepped in because after you told Patrick that you were no longer going to accept e-mails from my question, you did not honor what you said & continued to come back & argue with Patrick. It was only after you did not follow through with what you said you were going to do, that I stepped in to try to smooth things over & end it.

Sounds like Patrick is the only one that has respected what I said to take it somewhere else & honored that. He's been a perfect gentleman to me.
I also looked at his profile. He does not get in arguments like you do....

I regret inviting you to stay in the conversation. I was just trying to be nice & smooth things over. It is obvious now that you can not control yourself & will continue to badger Patrick. Why don't you open your own thread for your argument w/Patrick. Heck, maybe I will even "weigh in". I definitely have a lot to say on your argument w/Patrick. I have just chosen not to get into it. First & foremost because my days are very busy & I have enough drama in my life, & also because it is off the subject of my question & this is not the proper place to get into it. But you have annoyed me enough that if you open a new thread on your argument with Patrick, I just might make the time to tell everyone what my view of it is. However, this is not the place to do it. This question I have opened is about me buying a home. So take it somewhere else.

Yet despite my repeatedly asking you to take it somewhere else, you are still taunting Patrick, & now me. I find you very unprofessional.

You said in the post that was censored, that you would not post here anymore if you were not "provoked". I purposely bit my tough just to get you to go away, & now here you are again. Have you ever heard of the saying "A man is only as good as his word". I don't have time for this. Just go away & bother someone else.

P.S.

For Jes & other people that have just logged on & have not seen the whole conversation, Victor & Patrick got in a big argument on my question page, Trulia deleted their argument & only left my post where I was trying to smooth things over.
Thanks Jes, I appreciate the compliment, what a great vote of confidence.

Yes transactions and Trulia both can be full of drama, I sure can appreciate that.

I see Trulia censorship is alive and well protecting the embarrassed aggressor when they get a taste of their own medicine. Hope you've learned your lesson. ;-D~

And not to get off track, I do want to stay on topic you know. Laura... Any progress updates?

Have you chosen another agent yet to represent your best interest from the area?

You know nothing will happen until you lose the agent that's clearly NOT working for YOU and that's the bottom line on that if you want to talk turkey.

You need someone else, another agent, someone competent that you can trust working for you, especially in a situation like this. Drop that agent that is clearly not working "For you".

There are many ways to make sure your offers get presented and presented in the best light, that's a big deal.

It's real estate 101 for any agent that has worked in any area with at least a little competition or which has taken a how to class or two. You can get your offer presented and known to both bank and seller, any competent agent with the slightest bit of short sale experience can figure out how to make that a reality for you.

Try choosing an aggressive agent well versed in the wacky ways of the Arizona Wild West of Real Estate. I understand things are done quite differently there so maybe you should choose a local agent you can put all your confidence and trust in.

Wait a minute, You seem to have a lot of trust and confidence in Patrick, he's local too. Perhaps you and he should get together and make this happen. Give him a call, I'm sure he'd be glad to help you out in that department and won't let you down.

Put him to work for ya and let us all know how things turn out for ya. ;-D
Either way, she should complain to him that she plans to file a complaint with the real estate commission and should get another agent and have her attorney ensure the bank gets her offer.
Hey Laura,

Judging by your initial question, We are on "Short Sale Hostage" day 90.

Just curious ....Who are the Banks on the 1st & 2nd? or 3rd?

Patrick

Victor, It is the Listing Agents Husband who is her Broker who is trying to buy the house.
Mr.P, Other/Just Looking in Arizona
BPO just being done doesn't mean you'll get a written approval just yet.

I have 2 transactions right now where they both had multiple bpo's done because of how long it took the bank negotiator to review them, by the time they get to it the bpo is already outdated.

Just wanted you not to get too excited just yet, it can still take time. One of these transactions we have an email from the negotiator that they will be accepting the offer however this was 2 weeks ago and we are still waiting for official written approval from them so that we can continue with the transaction.

Short sales (sounds like this may be one) can be a tedious process and are not for the impatient or people that need to meet deadlines.

Laura if your realtors husband who is also an agent put an offer on the same property maybe you should fire her and get another agent, complain to their broker or just deal directly with the seller informing them of the hanky panky going on (if they are still living in the house and you can get in touch with them).

Your agent had to know her husband (the other agent and person making the other offer) was trying to buy this property as well. There are no laws against agents buying their own listings and there shouldn't be, in this case "the husband" may be buying it on his own but still, its more of an ethical issue in this case and a nasty one at that (provided I have all the facts here).

Was your offer ever presented? You need to find out and get your realtor to present your offer with you present to ensure it but in this case I would get another buyers agent because there is clearly a conflict of interest here. Step #1 complain to their broker of record, step #2 get another realtor from another office, they have no grounds to tie you to any buyer agency agreements when it is clear they are not representing your best interest over their own. I would also consider filing a complaint with your states real estate commission, dept of banking and insurance or whatever entity in your state oversees realtors licenses.

FYI if this is a short sale the realtor "both listing agent and your agent" will not be able to collect a commission because they are also trying to buy the property. If they get it, they will not be paid a commission by the bank, this is clearly stated in the banks acceptance terms of these types of transactions.
Contact another agent to show it to you!

Any agent can show the property, not just the listing agent and we in this case probably not the listing agent.

If you continue to have difficulty seeing it even with another agent due to the listing agent, contact her broker to complain, if you still have trouble your agent can escalate the complaint process.
If you are not represented by an agent feel free to call me 602-570-2689. Otherwise, you can call the agents broker and put in a complaint about that agent. It's agents like this that give us a bad name. Please do not let this person put us all in the same category.
No there is no editing, the idea is that people read all of the comments, and follow the post.

Get use to it
Mr.P, Other/Just Looking in Arizona
Curious,

You may be right, but very well there might have been an offer already on the house when you went to see it. That would put it in the Attorney Review period which typically lasts 3 days, but during this time the home is still shown simply because the contract is still being "tweaked" by the attorneys. Or perhaps the home is a short sale and they were waiting for the bank to get back to them to see if another offer was accepted, this may take a while. If you called the house and met with the listing agent, then he/she would still be representing both sides since they originally showed the home to you.
Laura,
Reading your update, I had something similar happen to me. The listing agent strung us along allowing us to see the property. We advised that we were interested and would be drafting up an offer. Two days later we were advised that an offer was entered and accepted before our entry and the property was already under contract. Then what was the purpose of stringing us along for days allowing us several viewings of the property?! We have yet to get to the bottom of that one but we're assuming the two day lapse may have been when the actual contract was signed. More than likely this agent represents both the prospective buyer and seller in this transaction and was unwilling to forfeit her commission by entertaining other offers.. Unfortunately there are shady brokers out there that just don't care to take people's time into consideration. I've found the smaller less known agencies to be especially shady. Good luck to you. I hope you find the home you've been searching for.
Does anyone know of a way to edit the original question on this site? I don't see an option for that. It is obvious people are only reading the original question & not the whole conversation. Maybe should start a new question...
I would think 1 of 2 things about the Realtor:

Maybe there's something she knows about the property that's making her not want to show it to you.

Could it be deposited? Overpriced? IS the Seller not serious about selling it? Is there something dreadfully wrong with it?

Maybe she has a 2nd job or commitment that makes her put her real estate 2nd.

If she doesn't have the time to call you back or show it & you still are interested in the house you ought to just find someone else to show you the property. Any Agent can show any other Agents listing.
Web Reference: http://www.PETERTESTA.com
1 2