Breaking of any long term relationship is never easy. Sometimes the best thing to do is follow your instincts. If it doesn't feel right, perhaps it is time to move on.
But in defense of your Realtor, it is your money, not theirs to spend. Regardless of if and when you get a house with multiple offers, IF you get it based on your Realtor's advice, the thought willoccur to you that you paid too much. And when you don't get it, the Realtor's advice wasn't sufficient. It IS a no-win situation for the Realtor.
In multiple offer situations, typically 1/3 of the offers are below, 1/3 are at, and 1/3 are above the asking price. Only you can decide where you wish to be.
If I can be of any further help, please feel free to contact me.
Mark T. Mergener
Cell phone (248) 935-0335
I know its frustrating. I would suggest that you talk to your realtor & explain how you are feeling. LIke you said, he may be ready to ditch you as well. You may just agree to discontinue your relationship. This is a sellers market especially in Troy. None of us have a crystal ball. In this market you really can not be overpaying. that may be the only way you can get an offer accepted. Some listings are not even accepting appraisal contingencies.
Hope you get things worked out & get into a home of your own
My advice would be to talk to your agent. Explain your concerns and discuss what you would like to do or expect from them.
I wish you the best of luck,
Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
All the best
All the best,
Have you been putting offers for the last two years or just recently? I ask you this because the market has experienced a significant shift in the last couple of months. We are in a seller's market now and low offers just wont do. As you put it, it is crazy. And there is no inventory, so it might not be his/her fault after all.
Keeping feelings and business separate is not an easy endeavor. Talk to your realtor and be honest. He/she will appreciate that.
Maria E. Garcia
(810) 599 6838
It seem you are in a market that is so hot that your Realtor is not or does not have time to find out what is motivating the seller to want to sell their home and until you can determine that factor, in a hot market you will loose. So before you fire your friend give him a 15 days chance and the next time he present a home that you like he best have done his home work, after all he knows what you like by now and should be knocking on the neighbors doors letting them know that you want to buy their home.
Ensuring that you make the right choice for you and your family is my ultimate goal. And I am committed to providing my customers with mortgage services that exceed their expectations.. As always, you may contact me anytime by phone, fax or email for personalized service and expert advice.
I look forward to working with you!
16800 N. Dallas Pkwy, Suite 290 | Dallas, TX 75248
Office: 972-646-2411 | Fax: 214-614-4637
Bank of England /dba ENG Lending: NMLS# 418481
Just have an honest conversation with them. Maybe if you two talk about the situation you can resolve it. If not, then let them know you are going to start working with a different Realtor. Honesty is always the best way to go.
SR Realty http://www.RealtyBySR.com
YOU are the one who decides what to offer!
You think that you do not want to over-pay; but this is not a Low-Ball market; and offer less than the Market Value is a recipe for failure.
The market is going UP; so that Market Value offer today, will be a low offer next month.
Don't blame your Realtor for this; you are "chasing the curve".