Home Buying in Honolulu>Question Details

Rich, Home Buyer in 33604

How do I avoid capital gains on a rental property that I wish to sell?

Asked by Rich, 33604 Wed Nov 27, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


1031 Exchange. Unless, you lived in it previously as a primary residence 2 out of the last 5 years. If that's the case, you may have an exemption of up to $250k if single or $500k if married.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 27, 2013
You can do a 1031 tax exchange. I just completed my 3rd one for a client this year, so if you want to call or email me, I can explain in more detail. 1-808-222-5438 or bob.cowan@pruhawaii.com.


Bob Cowan
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 27, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer