Home Buying in 63303>Question Details

Ron, Home Buyer in 63303

How do I apply for a 8000 tax credit for first time homeowners?

Asked by Ron, 63303 Fri Sep 18, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:



It's not all that difficult....Here's the info from the IRS you can review...http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=187935,00.html

and here is the Tax Form you will need to fill out..

Here is how and where you can get Free Assistance from the IRS with any questions or problems you may have..http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/index.html

Good luck, Dunes
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 18, 2009
As many other agents have said, by October 15th you need to have a home under contract to allow time for it to close prior to the Nov. 30th deadline, then you just apply for the credit on your taxes. I am very familiar with homes in the St. Charles County area and specialize in first time home buyers. I would love to help you find your first home or connect you with a lender who also specializes in the first time home buyer programs. Give me a call or click on the link to email me at my web site and let me know what you are looking for.
Web Reference: http://www.TerryWillis.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 18, 2009

I have a local lender that will advance you most of the money, however, October 15th is the cut-off date for getting your paperwork in. Call me at 314-504-0970 & I'll put you in touch with him.


Jim Beardsley
Keller Williams Realty West
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 18, 2009
Missouri has a program where you can borrow up $6750 of the $8000 credit. It is issued through Missouri Housing Development Commission (MHDC). Here is a link to more information on the credit:


To qualify for the $8000 credit you must purchase your home on or before November 30th

As Susan and Patrick explained the credit is applied for on your tax return.
Web Reference: http://letsGetItSold.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 18, 2009
This tax credit is received by filing the correct return documents with your 2009 tax return (in January of 2010). You get the $8k via tax refund. I understand it is also possible to received the funds earlier through a bridge loan at the time of closing. A mortgage broker can tell you more about the bridge loan and confirm if it is possible. Rules are changing hourly, so more may be available tomorrow ! Hope this helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 18, 2009
The tax credit is given to you on your 2009 tax return that you will file in April of 2010. If you are looking to use it towards your down payment, you will have to talk to a lender. There are programs out there that will let you borrow against it. If you already bought your house and are looking for it now, talk to a tax accountant you may be able to file an amended 2008 tax return.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 18, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer