Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

Andrea G., Other/Just Looking in San Antonio, TX

How do I apply for a FHA loan?

Asked by Andrea G., San Antonio, TX Tue May 29, 2012

I want to get more information about FHA loans and how I can qualify. I've been to the HUD website, but It doesn't really say to much about interest, payment, or the specific qualifications. How can I apply for one?

Answers

16
Karen Watson’s answer
You can apply at any Mortgage Company that you wish. You can contact me and I can take your info and run it through my lender. 210-428-1042.

FHA is 3.5% down payment and interest rates right now are about 4%. Your payment will depend on several factors including taxes and HOA on the specific property you are interested in.

I would be happy to go over all your home purchase questions. Also, you can visit my website Homes210.org.

Contact me anytime

Karen Watson, Realtor
Exit Realty
210-428-1042
Andrea,

All of my colleagues have given their 2 cents and all are professional with professional recommendations. However, because you asked, I'll throw in my input....

To apply, you can talk with a lender bor visit with a lender or fill out an application on-line. With my recommendation, she can accommodate you to do any of the 3....she will even take your application over the phone. Here is her info:

Lisa Warren
Senior Mortgage Banker - SWBC Mortgage
NMLS# 227358
8400 Blanco Rd, Ste 100
San Antonio, TX 78216
210-494-5626
lwarren@swbc.com
http://www.swbcmortgage.com/warren

She is super easy to work with and you are able to reach her evenings and weekends if needed. Tell her I recommended her. When you are ready to go house shopping, give me a call.

Darrell D. Drouillard
Home Team of America
16719 Huebner Rd., Bldg 4
San Antonio, Texas 78248
210-373-6160
210-881-6760 (Fax)

http://www.dddrealtor.com

'Serving all Your Real Estate Needs'
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 29, 2012
Andrea,

HUD(FHA) doesn't do loans.... They only guarantee them.
You would apply with a Mortgage Banker.
I would suggest that you not apply with any of tha big banks(Wells Fargo, Bank of America, ect) as I am hearing from my realtor friends that these deals are taking a long time and the clients are getting frustrated,

How do you find a Mortgage banker:
1. Call one of the people here saying "Pick Me, Pick Me'....
2. Consult with friends/family/co-workers and see if they can refer you to a loan officer they used and were happy with.

Good luck., and feel free to ask follow up questions!!

Tom

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
DallasLoanGuy.com
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
tomburris@dallasloanguy.com
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration => http://www.ntreisinnovia.net/cgi-ntr/BR_login?0501134
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 29, 2012
Hi Andrea! I have been a mortgage loan officer in San Antonio for 30 years now, and would be pleased to help you with the FHA loan process. You can reach me on my cell, 210-842-4185, or by email, barbara@thecokerteam.com.

Interest rates are currently below 4%, and I've never seen them this low. If you let me know the monthly payment you would like, I will give you a close estimate of the sales price to expect, along with the 3.5% down payment, and other closing costs.

Barbara Coker
NMLS#228545
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer
100% Home Loans All Over Texas!
Web Reference: http://www.thecokerteam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 29, 2012
Hi Andrea,

Definitely contact a lender. FHA rates are actually much lower than 4%. I am also a mortgage broker and currently I have a rates at 3.75% with a lender credit of over 3%. So that can cover all of your closing costs as well. Other lenders offer the same rate but no credit. On a $150k purchase that credit to you is over $4500.

Call me if you have any questions or would like a GFE.

_______________________________________
Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com
If you do not have a Realtor I would be happy to explain the FHA loan process and help you find a lender that best suits your time frame and needs. I work with a few lenders and can answer your questions.

Lorraine Warhurst
RE/MAX Preferred
210-563-6797
email: lwarhurst@att.net
Your Realtor must have a Lender who He or She feels comfortable working with, it is a matter of team work.
Good Luck
Jose L. Novelo
Hello Andrea, I suggest you give Barbara Coker(post below) a call, she is excellent and will help you for sure. Another incredible person to call would be Sean O'Donnell, with Patriot Bank Mortgage @ 210-860-7783. Between the two of them, you will see that what each of them tells you is accurate and fair, and you will then have confidence in whichever of them you end up choosing. Best of luck to you.
Hi Andrea,

An FHA loan is just one type of loan, but it may not be the best loan for you. When you sit down with a loan officer, and I do recommend you use someone locally that you can sit down with, ask them what would be your best option. The rate you receive has a lot to do with your credit score and your down payment.

Beware, Loan guidelines may be changing as soon as July, so time is of the essence. You can contact myself at 210-897-2645 and I will be more than willing to guide you through the process, or, you can contact Kendall the loan officer I use at 210-383-3357, and he will be able to give you the best options for you particular situation. Good Luck!
You can stop by your local credit union and/or bank and apply to get pre-qualified or pre-approved for a home mortgage. If you would like I have 2 mortgage lenders that I work with and would be more than happy to give you their contact information. Remember you want to shop around for the best rate possible. Thanks
Super easy... I can save you a lot of time.. and a lot of shopping... Best loan officer in town is Kasey Hampton.

You can apply online at: http://www.DHIMortgage.com/Kasey-Hampton - it's quick, easy, and free.

She always has the lowest rates, and she is the best of the best at what she does... I've never seen anyone beat her :)

Jason
Andrea: Applying for an FHA loan requires you talking to an experienced loan officer. I can refer you a loan officer who I trust immensely! She is very good, attentive, and does her very best to get you the best rate/loan available to you. She will always go the extra mile for you! I send all my clients to her for their pre approvals or to get advice. Give me a call/text/email if you would like to use her. Thanks and good luck!

Andie Sanchez
210.482.0440
andie_sanchez@sbcglobal.net

Andie Sanchez
210.482.0440
andie_sanchez@sbcglobal.net
1. contact a mortgage broker
2. you will be required to complete a loan application
3. loan officer will qualify your for a home loan

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Call me, I can get you to my lender quickly! 210-251-1468
Andrea,

Great question, you may want to contact a lender. I have a great lender with whom I work with, she is awesome. She has been in the biz for more than 20 years. If theres anything I can help you with, call anytime. Thanks for reading.

Susan Casas
210-835-6696