Home Buying in Patco Village>Question Details

Kimberli Gat…, Home Buyer in Mustang, OK

How do I afford a home when me and my husband have really low credit scores and I have never owned a home?

Asked by Kimberli Gathright, Mustang, OK Tue Feb 5, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3106000473-505-Choctaw-Gate-D…

Answers

13
Jarrett Carter’s answer
OK Kimberli,
Lots of advice on here but really the First thing to do is go to http://www.creditkarma.com and sign up. Its free, it will give you a report with your score on it. They even have a phone app so you can check it daily. Once we determine what exactly needs to come off there then we can go to work for you and get your score up. Stay away from having your application shotgunned around the world because that will hurt your score also

Jarrett Carter
ERA Courtyard Real Estate
405-613-9333
You go to a loacl and trusted loan officer and ask to get pre-qualified. They can tell you if there are any programs given yoyur credit and financials. you should begin to build your credit by paying on time and getting your balances down. They should be able to guide you what you need and how long it should take.
I'm a first home buyer too. The previous answers are right: find a lending company. But finding one out of the many is overwhelming! I ended up going with a friend's recommendation and turned out my realtor also recommended them. But I would suggest a real good realtor first and Jamie Marchant with Keller Williams, got me started and is still working with me. She makes recommendations based on what will help me the most. Call her 405-514-7518.
Kimberli,
There are many things you can do to get your credit score up. If you would speak with a good lender, they are very knowledgeable on the things you need to do. They are there to help! If you need any further help with this matter, please feel free to contact me at 405-229-0409 or send me an email:
karen@karensrealestate.net I will be happy to put you in contact with a great lender that can be of great service to your needs. Good Luck!
You need to call Kurt, the owner of Financial Concepts Mortgage at 405-722-5626 and speak with him about lending standards to be able to know what steps your husband and you will need to accomplish to qualify for conventional lending.

Be sure to tell him that Josh sent you.

Best of Luck
I would be happy to help you, I work with a lot of lenders who can help with low credit scores depending on credit history within the last year or two. You can email me your contact info and we can see where to start. Rikkez@ymail.com
I think the best thing to do is to go a financial institution. They will take a look at your history, and help you get your credit score up.It costs little or nothing to do this.
Kimberli and Family,

Work with a good lender to find out what you can afford or qualify for and what you need to do to improve your credit scores.

There are several great programs for first time homebuyers that will help you with your down payment or give you a tax credit. Your lender will help you choose the best program for you.

We can often negotiate with the seller to pay some or all of your closing costs.

You will need a minimum of $500 for earnest money.

I can recommend a good lender for you; just call, text or email me any time; I'm here for you!

Warmest Regards,
Sherine Price, CRS, GRI, CHMS
REALTOR, Broker/Owner
Dove Realty
405-306-7770
http://www.GroovyOKC.com
SherinePrice@gmail.com
I work with some great lenders who would be happy to help you. They will pull your scores and advise you on how to raise them. This is a free service.

And there are some great 1st time buyers programs that will help you with your down payment. Then we can look for a seller who's willing to pay your closing costs.

Feel free to contact me and we can discuss your needs and questions.

Bridgett Wells
405-651-9320
bridgettwells@kw.com
You can contact me through my Trulia profile. Affording and getting qualified are two different things. As stated below, you'll never know for sure until you get with a loan officer. Let me know if I can help.
The first thing you need to do is let me get you with a mortgage co. Unless yoy know for a fact what your credit score you should never pre-judge yourself, if you qualify there ar programs for available for 1st time buyers that will give you down payment assistance and in most cases the seller will pay your closing cost, so many time the only out of pocket you will have is your $500.00 ernest money which could be a gift,

When you are approved and we know how much then I will find you the home you want to own:

Contact me
John Phillips
Re/Max Preferred Properties
405 413 0791
Kimberli,

It's not as hard as you would think. We need to take look an see what is holding your score down. We do that my having a lender meet with us to let us know what will have to done.
I stay with you all the way working with the lender to get your scores where they need to be.
Once they are at the right level. We work together to help you get the American Dream.
Just remember anything can be fixed it just takes time.
If you would like help give me a call Dawn Reuter / Reuter Realty Broker- Owner. 405-659-9828
Kimberli,

I can get you in touch with a lender that can help you with the financing and that can tell you about different first time homebuyer's programs that could help with down payment assistance, etc. There is one lender I know of that says they can help you with a credit score of 580 or higher...if you would like his information call me at 405-370-3886 or email me at jpoch@pldi.net. thanks and I look forward to possibly working with you!