James, Home Buyer in Minot, ND

How difficult is it to find employment for a retiring veteran and his family in the area around Keller, Texas?

Asked by James, Minot, ND Sun Jan 12, 2014

Answers

4
Keller is just moments north of Fort Worth and not far from Arlington. Depending on your career level there are ample employment opportunities between from there to the major city.

See what the Bureau of Labor Statistics say about the region.

http://www.bls.gov/ro6/fax/dfw_ces.htm

When you decide to move feel free to call me.

Chris Hutchinson REALTOR(R)
The Michael Group
972.809.0607 http://www.chrishutchinsonrealestate.com
Dallas has experienced growth in employment; however, no realtors can tell you how easy or difficult it will be to find employment here for retiring veterans or non-veterans. What line of jobs are you looking into? I would suggest trying to look up job postings on line for Dallas/Fort Worth and see approximately how many jobs that you can qualify for. You can also apply for it and see whether you are invited for a job interview. If everything goes well you can always tell your future employer that you need time to move from Minot, ND, to Keller, TX. Another source of jobs will be contacting agencies.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you and your family!

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
DFW area has a tremendous growth rate for employment AND of course it all entails what your qualifications are .

Thank you for your service to our country

My website is updated daily therefore saves you time search accurate information

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.
_________________________________________
Happy New Year

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
https://twitter.com/Lynn911

(If my answer is helpful indicate by THUMBS UP or BEST ANSWER. Thank you )
Good Morning, James ---

As a 22-year Veteran of the Air Force, and a 33-year veteran in Real Estate, I'm not sure what kind of answers you are going to get on this website. However, anyone who tells you to go apply for a loan first, (as Lowell just did), is off their rocker, because you can NOT get a loan to buy a house without having a job first!

Maybe what Lowell missed in his hurry to get the first answer on here was the fact that you didn't SAY you were planning to BUY a house; you said you were looking for a JOB! The best thing for you to do is to rent a house first, focus on getting a job, and then we will take a look at buying a place later --- when you are qualified.

You have left out a lot of details in your stated question, and so it is pretty hard for anyone to give you a solid answer. But let me try, by making some assumptions, to shed some light on your situation. First of all, I will assume you are still stationed at Minot AFB, and since you said you were looking for a job, we will assume you are retiring there and not PCSing to the Fort Worth JRB. We don't know what your specialty was or what type of work you are looking for. We don't know if your wife is qualifed to get a good job here, such as a nurse could. So you may be seeking employment for quite some time, and you will need to have a large savings account to survive on.

A little about the area: I came here from an active duty position, and was looking for a job myself, some 35 years ago. It took me three months to find a job, and I took TWO of them in the same week! (One was in the AF Reserves.) I have been selling and leasing houses in the "Keller area" for over 33 years. Keller itself is a bedroom community. There are no large companies within the city or any industry here. It is, however, one of the top 4 best cities to live in around the Tarrant County area. Within a short drive, we have some large companies, such as American Airlines, BNSF Railroad, Bell Helicopter, and Texas Instruments. There are,of course, the large employers of Fort Worth, Dallas, and the DFW Airport, which includes Government Agencies, like the TSA. (Even if it IS a joke, they DO hire people.)

What you need is a job counselor, not a loan officer. ...As a Realtor, I can offer you assistance with finding housing for your family, but I cannot find you a job. If you wish to buy a house in Tarrant County, I can advise on that. The average price for a modest house is between $150,000 and $200,000. HOWEVER --- We sell houses below $100,000 all day long, and you can spend more than a Million if you wish "in the Keller area", or nearby. You may find that renting a house here is expensive. (It is cheaper to own one.) The minimum to rent a house is around $1,000 to $1,200. The rents go up rapidly from there. It will depend on the size of the house and the location.

I just rented a nice house to a large family with 3 dogs for $1,300. They came here from Denver and never saw the house prior to placing a deposit on it! If you want a good deal, and you don't want your family sitting in a motel suite, that may be what you have to do. I will give you all the assistance that I can.

Please contact me directly and tell me how I might further assist you. I would be happy to help you find the right house for your family.

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services
817-300-6121

WholeLife@Yahoo.com
==================