Home Buying in Lakewood>Question Details

Renee Major, Real Estate Pro in Lakewood, CO

How did you find or select your real estate pro?

Asked by Renee Major, Lakewood, CO Sun Feb 3, 2013

Many people know more than one real estate agent and they often find it difficult to choose between friends, family, or that agent who has their name on signs all over town. How do you choose?

Answers

6
Robert McGuire’s answer
Renee,

Good answers below. In addition I would say 'trust' is one of the biggest considerations. If it is not someone you have done business with before, a glowing referral from a friend will be your best place to start the interview process. All agents are not created equal and some of the best agents are not for you. Also, sometimes a local professional works when you are purchasing or selling a home in a particular location that you prefer. How are your clients finding you Renee?

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
The best thing you can do Renee is interview multiple people and see who you mesh best with. Many agents offer different thhings to their customers. For example my teams committment to our clients is our #1 focus. Whether you are buying now or in 2 years from now, my team helps you every step of the way.

I would recommend staying away from Friends or Family because in most cases you need to have a business relationship with your Realtor so they work hard for you, just as they do their other clients. I have had too many clients contact me after their "friend" didnt work out as planned. Like we've all heard, "Dont do business with family or friends." This is the bigges financial decision you will probably make in your lifetime, dont just let someone you know handle it, find the Agent/Broker who will meet your need and take you to the closing table. Text me if you would like us to show you how we give 5-Star Service to our clients.

Daniel Dixon
KW Team PowerHouse
You take the time to interview several. I've attached a link below that details what questions you should be asking and what to look for. Take your time, this isn't a personality contest, its'a bout finding the most professional and experienced buyer broker who won't practice dual agency (Working both sides of the transaction which despite any arguments to the contrary leaves both buyer and seller essentially unrepresented and the agent focused exclusively on the commission) and who has a proven track record of successfully negotiating and closing transaction.

You've asked a great question and more buyers would be better served if they followed your lead.
The best source in choosing a real estate professional is family, friends and acquaintances. Hence, word of mouth. They have first-hand experience with that professional and can vouch for his/her credibility, competency and result.

Moreover, interview some realtors and check what other people have to say about them. Testimonials are testament of the kind of service they provide.

A conversation with the realtors will lead you to whom you will choose based on the communication that transpired. Most of the time, it is the connection you establish with the realtor that can seal the decision.

Best of Luck.
I second what Andy said, but also make sure you ask your friends and family who they have used and who was good for them. You can learn a lot from folks who have had good experiences with their agents.
Honor yourself above all...interview several real estate agents and go with the agent that you believe will be honest with you about what you may need to do to sell your home for top dollar, can answer your questions, has a great marketing plan that is verifiable...and most importantly the agent you will enjoy working with during the process of selling your home. Your home is typically one of your biggest investments...go with the best agent for you.