Nikki, Home Buyer in Island Heights, NJ

How did Island Height survive "Sandy"?

Asked by Nikki, Island Heights, NJ Sun Sep 29, 2013

Answers

4
Hi Nikki,

Luckily, Island Heights is one of the highest points in Ocean County! There was flooding and damage; the boardwalk and Pavillion had to be repaired and the marinas were a mess of piled up sailboats but, compared to our neighbors on the barrier island, we were quite fortunate. Thanks for asking!
Web Reference: http://FlanaganRealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
Thank you all for answering my question! I am looking for a place to retire and I fell in love with Island Height when I went sailing at the Nelson Marina.
Nikki,

Welcome back! When do you plan on retiring?

I just moved out of Island Heights, myself, in September. Homes are selling briskly in Island Heights as compared to some of her neighboring communities...

I will let Beth Nelson know how much you enjoyed sailing with them.

Happy New Year!

Jim
Flag Thu Jan 2, 2014
Island Heights is a very special community. Especially if you enjoy sailing! Most residents belong to the yacht club.
Flag Thu Jan 2, 2014
Hello Nikki,

I agree with Ron, Jim touched on all the points. The only information I can add is Dillon's Creek Marina was completely protected. I traveled from Dillon's Creek by boat to the beach days afer Sandy. At Dillon"s Creek Marina all the boats were tied up like little soldiers in line. I was shocked after seeing all the destruction on the news.
Hi Nikki,

I can't add much to Jim's answer but I would like to point out that there are many before and after pictures of Island Heights on their facebook page. Thanks for the question.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013