Home Buying in Prior Lake>Question Details

E, Home Buyer in Prior Lake, MN

How deep is Mud Bay in Prior Lake? Is it exceptionally weedy? How has the depth in the bay changed from year to year?

Asked by E, Prior Lake, MN Sun May 22, 2011

Answers

4
Wendy Dorn’s answer
Mud Bay, now called “Crystal Bay” not exactly the same are they? Typically Mud Bay is 5-8 feet deep depending on mother nature. They did trench out an area for the boats when it does get more shallow so you should always have access in and out of the bay. I used to take my kids tubing and skiing in Mud Bay when they were little and they loved it! We use the lake all the time and it’s a nice area of homes! Good luck with your search and feel free to call with any questions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 23, 2011
Good morning E! I have been using the lake for over 8 years, 4 of them from my home in the Islandview Associated Community which has deeded lake access on Mud Bay and the Lake side (loved the location). My boat slip was in Mud Bay. Even with the lake as low as it was last year I had zero issues using the bay. The depth was 3-8 ft last season and with the dramatic increase of the level this season the bay is easily over 8 ft deep. It does get weedy in early June and the weeds tame down later in the season (great fishing all summer). The level of the bay changes with mother nature but never have I seen it unaccessable, the channel is plenty deep in the middle. One more positive of the bay is that it is extremely protected, no choppy water caused by boat traffic and weather.

I have a neighbors home listed in the Islandview Community, check it out. 15649 Skyline

I hope this helps, have a dood day!! Jonn
Web Reference: http://www.JonnLundeen.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 23, 2011
Mud bay is historically a challenging bay for boats...in some years people living on that bay were unable to get their boats in for an entire season (or so I've heard). However, it is not exceptionally weedy. It is exceptionally mucky (thus the name
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 23, 2011
Rick is right. It does get mucky. I would dock my boat there and go somewhere out on the main lake to swim, ski and fish. It much like association boat use. I don't see many people swimming on the beaches in Mud Bay. You can call it crystal Bay. But if it quacks like a duck, they would enjoy it as mud bay. I have lived on PL for 5yrs and Spring Lake for 10yrs.