Ysu0326, Home Owner in Vestavia, AL

How could we find out who is the appraiser and ask the appraiser to send the report to the bank as earlier as possible?

Asked by Ysu0326, Vestavia, AL Thu Apr 18, 2013

We had contract to a home, the appraisal was done 3 days ago. We would like to have the report beore the due deligent day which is coming up soon. But the listing agent said the appraisal appointment was made through her table phone so has no record for the appraiser 's contact, my lender said she doesn't know who is the appraiser untill see the report. How can I find our who is the appraiser and ask him to send the report to the lender as earlier as possible? Thanks so much for your help.

Answers

4
You can not contact the appraiser, your loan officer can contact the company they hire and ask for a RUSH but even they can not talk to the appraiser any more.
Dear Ysu0326:

The appraiser had to contact you or your agent to set up the appraisal. Someone set up that appointment and that person should have the appraiser's contact info. If that info was lost, that was a human error and shouldn't have happened. The only other option is to get the appraiser contact info from your mortgage banker. If the person you are working with says they cannot help you, speak to their supervisor. If I can be of further assistance, contact me direct. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Unfortunately the appraiser cannot be contacted....
Good morning Vestavia,

Under current rules you cannot have any contact with the Appraiser. Neither can your Loan Officer at your Lender. There is no set time for when an appraisal report is required to be completed. All you can do at this point is sit and wait.

This is the new paradigm of mortgage lending.

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a "Thumbs Up" or "Best Answer." Thanks!