Home Buying in New Orleans>Question Details

Shannon Holm…, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

How common is it for blight liens to be forgiven in New Orleans?

Asked by Shannon Holman, Brooklyn, NY Tue Jan 22, 2013

I'm looking at a property that has a blight lien against it from the previous owner. The seller says that there's a good chance that after renovating the property, I can successfully petition the city to remove the lien.
I understand that there are multiple factors involved and am not looking for specific legal advice, just wondering if this is something others have encountered.

Answers

2
Hartro71’s answer
Was there great damage to the New Orleans East area from Hurricane Katrina? And has the New Orleans East area been slow to recover from Hurrican Katrina? If so, why? I am very strongly considering homes in the New Orleans East area and really need an unbiased, honest answer to my questions.
Hartro71 -- You may have better luck if you post this as a question rather than as an answer to my question.
Flag Sat Feb 16, 2013
Hi Shannon,there is a procees to have certain liens wavied or reduced. Its a bit tighter than it use to be because some liens were forgiven but the owners of the property failed to comply.

I am very familiar with the process. It has to be approved by various department and parties. I actually use to work there and help create the process.

If you are in need of assistant or just have questions, please contact me to discuss you needs. I'll be happy to work with you on this.

Wayne Clark
CCS Realty, LLC
New Orleans, La
504-304-2307
clarkconsultingllc@msn.com
Broker
Licensed in the State of Louisiana